1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Radio Connect to AIC-100i

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ZPrius, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ZPrius

ZPrius New Member

I would like to Install a AIC-100i for my Ipod.

My questions are;

1. Can I also install PriusXM?

2. Will both the Ipod and XM radio be able to be accessed through the MFD, Voice and Steering wheel.

I have done a search of the Forum/s and there is a reference;

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=607

that describes there is an unused female connector that an XM Radio can be connected to.

My question is;

A. Will connecting the XM Radio to this female plug allow full function (and power) of the XM Radio?

I have just taken delivery of a 2005 Prius.

Thanks

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The AIC-100 comes with a Y harness. One end plugs into the empty socket of the HU, one end plugs into the AIC, the remaining end you would plug your XM.
    The XM would appear as a SAT mode, the AIC as either CD or MD depending on the mode you set it to.

3. ZPrius

ZPrius New Member

So it is possible to have an IPod and a XM Radio connected to the Prius Head unit with the AIC-100i. This is cool stuff.

I'll let you'all know how this works out.

Thanks,
    Bob W

4. BobR

BobR Member

It works perfectly.

http://homepage.mac.com/brusso/PriusRadio/PhotoAlbum23.html

Bob

5. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And you are aware that it is a specific XM SAT with the proper connector that works with the Prius? Available at www.PriusXM.comwww.PriusXM.com

P.S. I installed my Vais AIC-100i today using a 6GB MP3 player. Works great with no feed back that I can hear. It works perfect with the XM SAT too. I installed it into the space to the right of the glove box - very tight fit.

6. ZPrius

ZPrius New Member

Again . . . Thanks for the info . . . So I do have a good plan . . . too bad I missed the Group Bye on the AIC-100i.

By the way did you install the XM box also under the dash glove box or in the rear? The space under the glove box looks about right for just the AIC 100i.

Thanks

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You would not want to put the XM Box there, expecially since the cabling is designed to go from the rear. So short antenna wire and long wire to the the radio. It has no purpose being out as there are no adjustments that you need to make. The Coastal Tech XM (the one I bought) goes into the left rear quarter panel area and is perfectly hidden.

8. ZPrius

ZPrius New Member

No problem . . . I'll let youall know how it goes but from reading other posts it is am easy install.

Thank you,
    Bob W