1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

xm radio for a novice.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by fred, Mar 23, 2004.

1. fred

fred New Member

well guys im thinking about going with xm radio. my friends here in nashville have access to selling me a delph(?) or a sony add on unit via fm modulator. does it work . is it a big deal . what should i do. im NOT a tweek or an installer of ANY type. help.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It'll work, install probably wouldn't be 'difficult', but if you're not experienced you'd be FAR better off getting one of the stereo places to do the installation for you.

If you search down a bit you'll find my post about my XM Commander install with pictures.

3. fred

fred New Member

thanx doc. i ordered the delphi with wireless fm modulator. i think that will allow even me to hook it up. also i think this is digital satellite so it will either work or not. in other words i don think there will be any static involved.ihope. am i barking up the wrong tree/ also im wondering about placement o the antenna