1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Radio in 06

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by newshound, Nov 7, 2005.

1. newshound

newshound New Member

HI --

First time poster. I am enjoying PriusChat.com immensely.

I have an 02 Prius and had an XM Radio (the Commander) installed by Circuit City -- in such a way that it's possible to remove it without leaving any holes or marks on the car (except for a small scratch or two under the magnetic trunk antenna). This XM unit feeds the Toyota radio by RF (87.9 FM).

I intend to buy an 06 (right after the first of the year, of course, like everyone else looking at the new model) and my initial thought was to have the XM removed from my 02 and installed on the 06. I've heard or read lately that the JBL premium radio on the 06 is satellite radio ready? (Perhaps it was that way in 05 too).

Does that mean that I just have to change the XM subscription over to that once I take delivery of the car? Or should I stick with the original plan of having my older XM installed in the new car?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers, Bob

(Bob Tarlau - Los Angeles)

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It will be satellite radio ready, just like the 04-05, but you'll still have to purchase the XM kit from somewhere like www.metropn.com and install it.

The Prius is still not listed on Toyota's site as being XM ready, but it is

<scratches head>