1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM radio receiver backlog???

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MsDaisy, Jun 25, 2008.

1. MsDaisy

MsDaisy Goddess of Green-land

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Has anyone heard from their dealer that the delivery of their Prius had been delayed because of nationwide XM radio receiver shortage or backlog? My Prius was supposed to be delivered to the dealer this week and they say that they got a call this morning from SET that delivery would be delayed because they would not get the XM receiver installed until this Monday because of this mysterious nationwide backlog. So it will now be the end of next week before I will get my Prius.

I could live without XM radio, but it was quoted in the specs and price I was given when I put my deposit down 3 weeks ago. Waiting a week is certainly not a deal-breaker for me, but I was all primed for my SPM Prius to come in this week!

Just wondering if anyone else had heard about the XM radio problem from their dealer?

2. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm tracking the online inventory on the websites for a couple of local dealers, and today a Package 6 showed XM as a PIO. This is the first time I've seen XM in 23 cars I've tracked over the past 5 weeks.

But I have no idea at what point in the delivery cycle a car appears on a dealer's website...