1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM receiver location

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Texguy, May 30, 2008.

1. Texguy

Texguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Where is the receiver installed? Driver side dash? Passenger side dash? Center dash? I've got a low speed rattle that sounds like it comes from behind the driver side vent left of steering wheel. Wondering if I should suspect the XM installation as the culprit.

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If this is a factory installation, the receiver body is located under the rear seat, passenger side. the cables run up the wiring trough on the passenger side, behind the glovebox, and into the back of the stereo.

I installed my own, following the factory and instructions found here on PC, you can run a search, easy to find. Some folks say you can mount the the receiver in the dash, but I could not find any room what so ever to do this. I finally followed the instructions and placed it in the factory location. Actually it was a very easy install, and sounds great!!!

Now if this is a custom install in your car, it could be anywhere.

Hope you find it Good Luck!!

73 de Pat KK6PD