1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Satallite "white noise" problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cellotim1974, Mar 24, 2006.

1. cellotim1974

cellotim1974 New Member

I had my XM MiFi installed at Best Buy. I have it plugged into the AUX jack (2006 Prius).
    At first they used a standard, generic "mini" to "mini" cord to hook up th device. It worked, but there was a terrible hum in the background. They swapped out the cale and replaced it with expensive Monster cable "mini" to "mini". The overall qual;ity of sound is great, but there is still the annoying hum. Anybody had this problem?

Is it a grounding issue, do I nedd some kind of noise filter...HELP? I love XM Radio!!!

2. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

3. cellotim1974

cellotim1974 New Member

FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!

Went to Al and Ed's Sound today..... a guy found the problem. He just unhooked the lighter/ power cord and all white noise disapperead. The problem is that there is so much electricity running throught the car that the AC adaptor just adds too much more. Now I'll make sure not to leave home without MiFi charged.

So glad to have fixed that problem. :lol:

4. BobR

BobR Member

A ground loop isolator will allow you to keep it plugged in. This is a very common problem.