1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Satellite Down

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by priusFTW, May 21, 2007.

1. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That 'splains it.

3. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    From http://www.orbitcast.com

"Reportedly one of the satellites (SAT1) is down, and all of the repeaters are down due to a "software update." Some are saying that they were told the system is expected to be up within 2 hours, while others have heard that it will be fully restored in 2 days."

4. kayemarschke2

kayemarschke2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Swanny1172 @ May 21 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]447108[/snapback]</div>
    Thank God I thought something was wrong in my install. I had it refreshed and it seemed fine.Hope its over now. Very upsetting.

5. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Guess I'm not the only one relieved to find out that it isn't my equipment. Still, it's annoying because XM is practically unusable where I am right now.

6. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    XM waited over 10 hours to update its subscribers about the outage. Most subscribers that were having issues thought it was their equipment and not one of the satellites. This is further proof that XM's customer service is horrible, which is a big part of why I dumped them a year ago and switched to Sirius.

Also, I find it very interesting that they knew of the problem early in the day yesterday but waited until after the stock market had closed to update subscribers. Seems to be they didn't want the stock to take a hit in late day trading. It will be interesting to see what impact all of this has on XM's stock price at the opening bell today.

7. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So, there's no truth in the rumor that Howard Stern was seen pointing a shoulder-fired missile towards the night sky? Anyone seen Opie and Anthony lately?