1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Satellite Install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Family Hybrid, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Family Hybrid

Family Hybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just installed an XM satellite kit I order from this site. The kit is a plug and play deal, however, the kit did not come with any instructions!! I accessed the instructions from TIS and was on my way.

The kit was easy to install, with the only modification required was to drill 2 holes on the right real wheel well support to mount the receiver. I mounted the antenna on the right front corner of the dash, as per the instructions. The length of the cable and antenna wire was excessive, which required them to be bundled up with the receiver. I guess the these harnesses are not model specific.

I tested the unit before I bolted it back together. Everything was Ok. Once I was done, "antenna" was flashing in the display. Apparently the antenna was not connected. Turned out I snapped the antenna wire when I bundled the wires. After my initial panic and failed attempts at twisting the wires together, I found this link http://www.xm411.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4092. A quick trip to Radio Shack and I was back in business. Gotta love the Internet.

Lastly I registered the unit with XM. On the PC store it says you get 3 months free, but there was no promotional code in the package I received. I decided to just get a one year subscription.

All things considered this was an easy install. It should take someone about an hour or two if you take your time.