1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM & Sirius coming to Canada!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rflagg, Jun 17, 2005.

1. rflagg

rflagg Member

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...lite_radio_crtc

OTTAWA (CP) - The CRTC opened the door to pay-radio services Thursday, approving three licence applications with tough Canadian-content rules - although not tough enough, according to the one group that doesn't have a U.S. partner.

Among other things, the CRTC said the two groups teamed up with U.S. satellite services must offer at least eight original Canadian channels - one-quarter of them French-but can offer nine foreign channels for every one Canadian channel.

The 3rd company mentioned is a Canadian based company, and they feel it will be 'unfair competition' to their mainly Canadian-focused lineup.

This has been in the works for some time, and even though I'm years away from moving there, I'm quite excited about being able to have 'full' service from XM once I move.

-m.

2. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have XM in my Prius and it worked fine when I was in Canada a few weeks ago. I was in Montreal and also 85 miles NW in a town called Mont-Tremblant. It worked perfectly. I would imagine it would work well in the southern tier of the country.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's nice. Now if only they'll map out the road network :p. Did you know, Edmonton is not on the map of Nissan, Honda or Toyota's nav system? Only Calgary is. Weird.