1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM/Sirius Install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kif200, Apr 3, 2009.

1. kif200

kif200 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm confused about what I need to operate satellite radio in my 08 Prius which came 'satellite ready.' The dealer wants about $600 for the work. I have read about a product called TOY-SC1. I already own an XM product called Xpress with a car install kit included. My questions:

1-If I buy the TOY-SC1(I saw it for under $100 online), is that all I need to install to get satellite radio?

2-Do I also need to install the Xpress product?

I know I don't have to rely on the dealer for the install, but just asking if anyone knows exactly what hardware I need to make this all happen. Thanks very much...Ken

2. Pay2Play

Pay2Play New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If it has the the sat button all you need to do is turn it to 000 to find your radio id then subscribe to xm. xm will help you through the process.

use the express unit on a vehicle without sat ready radio. same as above to activate.

3. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm not familiar with the XM product -- I have Sirius (they're the same company now, but the hardware is still separate).

For Sirius, you need both the TOY-SC1 and the SCC1 tuner. This package is all you need. You don't need to install anything else.

The SCC1 is the actual tuner; the TOY-SC1 is an adapter that lets it work with the Toyota stereo.

If you don't want to install it yourself, you can get a stereo installer to do it for a lot less than a dealer.