1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Station Listing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TheTort, Sep 3, 2013.

1. TheTort

TheTort New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just purchased my second Prius. It's a 2011 with the Nav package and XM Satellite \ Traffic. Does anyone know if there is any way to list the XM Stations and what's playing on the screen? Prior to this I was using XM on my iPhone and was able to at least see a listing of the stations. I know most Lexus models will show you a list of all the stations. Right now it takes a long time to scroll to find the station. Not even a good search.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 2010 Nav will not show a list of stations. I get a XM station listing sheet from XM and keep it in the glove box and set the stations that I want. Once I have saved my favorite stations to SAT presets I have never needed to go back to the listing.

Once on an XM station, select the Text box in the lower left corner and it will display the title of the song and the singer. It is limited to 16 characters and does not scroll.

3. TheTort

TheTort New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    thanks. Thats all I have found too. Seems odd being that Toyota has this functionality in other cars with XM that are much older than the 2011 Prius. It's pretty basic functionality. I've also noticed that I can't scroll from station to station from the steering wheel controls. It only goes from fav to fav. To tune to a different station that isn't a favorite I have to reach across the car for the tune knob (very inconvenient place for it - would be better for the volume to be over there). Would like to see some upgrades to the sound system to resolve these shortcomings. Should be software controlled.

4. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Do a Google search from your smartphone, I have a mobile link for the directory bookmarked on my iPhone. It will even tell you what song is playing.