1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Traffic Information Not In Show On Map

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by richard13, Mar 31, 2010.

1. richard13

richard13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    On page 97 of the Prius 2010 Navigation System Owner's Manual there is a screenshot that shows a Traffic Information button in the Show on Map screen. But on my system this isn't listed (just POI Icons, Change POI, Route Trace). I checked my XM account and it does show that I have a NavTraffic trial subscription. I also live in an area that is covered by this service.

Does anyone know if the Traffic Information button missing means there's a problem with XM or a problem with my Navigation System?

:confused:

Thanks.

2. richard13

richard13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This appears to be resolved but just in case someone else runs into it...

I called the XM customer service number and chose the automated "Send Signal to Radio" option. I'm not entirely sure if this did anything but today, for the first time ever, the Traffic Information button showed up and was selected (on) automatically. Passing near freeways showed the green arrows. :)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting... it's an XM issue? I'm curious how that relates to a button on the nav but glad it worked out!

4. smurfpotter624

smurfpotter624 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It sounds to me like the radio never got the signal that the OP had subscribed to NavTraffic. It just needed a little reminder.