1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Tuner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mt View, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Mt View

Mt View Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I got an XM tuner from coastaletech in June 2005 and it died yesterday. Not sure what options I have. Can I get a 2006 tuner to fix the 10 character limitation? Can I get just the tuner? Do I have to buy the whole kit?

Thanks,

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think the new Tuner will display all the characters on the old MFD. I think you need to just get the old Solara tuner again.

3. glenhead

glenhead New Member

Maybe a foolish question here...

Did it *die* die, or is it only receiving channel 1? I ask because the XM radio in the Suburban suddenly changed to only channel 1, and it turned out that the radio ID got lost somehow at XM - it was fixed with a phone call.

4. Mt View

Mt View Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Maybe a foolish question here...

Did it *die* die, or is it only receiving channel 1? I ask because the XM radio in the Suburban suddenly changed to only channel 1, and it turned out that the radio ID got lost somehow at XM - it was fixed with a phone call.

No it DIED. The AM button does nothing except going to AM. The unit looks like it got wet. I think the antenna wire wicked water into the top of the unit. I took the unit apart and dried it out for a day but no luck.

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    See if your dealer will warranty it. It's a genuine Toyota part, after all.

Nate