1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM tuning?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by petteri, Feb 28, 2004.

1. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

With the XM offered from costaltech and priusxm.com is there a way to direct tune to a station? Thanks!

Peter
    Miami, FL USA

2. chapman

chapman New Member

You can tune a XM station the same way you would tune a FM or AM station. Just turn the radio's tune knob to the station you want.

3. mboileau

mboileau New Member

It's worth mentioning that the unit adds in 3 new displays: SAT1/SAT2/SAT3, which are similar in function to your existing 2 FM displays: FM1/FM2. Since each display accomodates 6 presets, you get to have a total of 18 XM preset stations at your fingertips. To me, that's been more than enough to hit all my favorites quickly.

Side note: As of today, I now get on-demand traffic and weather for SFO on XM221! Weather reports use the Title field for current temperature and the Artist field for the forecast. No more listening to babble for 10 minutes just to get the forecast... Awesome!