1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jjpzebra, Nov 1, 2009.

1. jjpzebra

jjpzebra New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Could any one who has experience with XM in the Prius give me some advice, please? I have a 2005, and it does not come with the auxiliary jack that would allow me to get XM, which also means I have no ability to listen to the ipod on the iphone, also.

I saw reports of the XM skydock, which supposedly plugs in to the auxiliary (in cars that have them). My question is, does any one have experience with these in GenII Prii?

Previously, in looking around, what seemed to be the case was that I could have the auxiliary jack put in and get XM, or get the I-tunes on the I-pod, each of which cost about $350, and to do both cost about $800. Or something like that; the point was that it was costly to do one, and even more costly to do both.

Bottom line: any info about the Skydock? Does it work with P-II's? Does having an auxiliary solve the problem and make it work? Please, also, no comments about doing it yourself . . . I don't even want to go there, I don't have the talent!

Thanks