1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XYZ Coilovers / Complete Struts / Shocks Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Expectsalot, May 1, 2012.

1. Expectsalot

Expectsalot New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hoping some (or one?) body can help me out with a few basic suspension mod questions ...
    My driving pattern has changed, I now do a regular run every fortnight of some 480 km round trip. Car has never been that great to toss into a turn, takes some getting used to and some finesse but never really bothered me - but now I find it a little too "small car wobbly" when driving country road with any cross gusts or reasonable speed overtake/lane change. I see there's quite a few posts about this behavior.
    I see comments about sway bars and braces, however I really think from subjective feel the shocks are done or just beyond what they're designed for, so.. . to my specific questions - which are all related to each other of course:
    I'm staring at a set of XYZ Coilovers (literally, its a brand in case anyone thinking I mean generic brand ) and would like any input as to the following:
    1. As far as I can tell these seem to be bolt out/bolt in units ? No additional plates / mounts required?
    2. Even given the question above, do I need to also investigate additional/replacement suspension linkages to then get toe in and camber adjustments workable? Or will otherwise stock setup be within workable range?
    3. Ride height will almost certainly change, and with my wheel tire combo I think I have quite a bit of room to play, but again this needs to be workable, do I also need to source additional plates to keep high enough to prevent body contact?

Any comments appreciated before I take the plunge and just try it... :)

2. sidecar

sidecar Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't know either, just registering an interest...