1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

yahoo photos

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by barbaram, Jul 19, 2007.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yahoo photos is closing.
    Yahoo is offering migration to the following:

flickr
    photobucket
    shutterfly
    snapfish
    kodak

I use it mostly for sharing since I am a die hard with both digital and film cameras.

Anybody use any of the above? any comments on what you like or don't like?

Thanks!

2. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm a Flickr "Pro"...
    I love it. :D

4. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll chime in on the anti-Flickr side. They seem to me, based on a few threads I've been involved in elsewhere, far too unconcerned, about enforcing their own rule (and the law) that their members are not permitted to post copyrighted material that doesn't belong to that member, while claiming it as their own. Has left a very bad taste in my mouth, as someone who is seriously interested in photography, perhaps as more than a hobby one day.
    (And I'm sure this kind of theft is not limited to only Flickr members... I'm sure it happens everywhere on the web, to some degree... it has just been my experience that the vast majority of times I hear of a thief being confronted by one of my colleagues on a photography site, the theft was spotted on Flickr. I've been disappointed to read the threads about all the hassle the copyright owner had to go through, to get Flickr to help remove the stolen image.)
    That said, I've never signed up with them, so if these concerns are not the kind that would worry you, I can't speak to how well their file sharing/printing/ordering business operates... I'm sure it works well.