1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yakima clips

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Aaron Young, May 13, 2023.

1. Aaron Young

Aaron Young Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    does anyone happen to have any Yakima Q5 clips they don’t use and want to sell? :)

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Difficult to find. Good luck in your quest.

I ended up using ratcheting straps to secure my Yakima SST racks. Now I can mount my crossbars to any car. It's very secure, only downside is water will leak into the car, past the weather stripping, if it rains heavily. 20201009_195252.jpeg 20201009_195050.jpeg 20201009_142635.jpeg 20201009_142609.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's a good idea they also make flat ratcheting straps that are a metal mesh in the clips that grab the inside of the door are flat pressed metal so that the water won't leak through the door I have a set of rails that have this type of attachment built into them they're kind of old but they still make them today and they're pretty stout and they'll take a hundred pounds supposedly I don't believe it but I don't have a hundred pounds to put up there and I have to find them I don't use them very often but they're really cool the way they mount and they're very secure and they don't stand up off the roof creating that air pocket under the round oval square or whatever tubes you have so it eliminates the fairing if anybody cares about that The sliding metal mesh strap is in a plastic sheath and the metal clip that goes where your door gasket goes when you close the door is coated and it is well made pretty thin I never had any leaks. It has t slots in the channel and can take a myriad of attachments other rack attachments can be made to work very easily if desired.