1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yakima Landing Pad 7 on 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by wrydere, Jun 29, 2011.

1. wrydere

wrydere Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey folks, this is my first post, so let me start by saying "thanks" for all the useful information that I've found on these forums over the last few months.

On to the business at hand: I've searched everywhere for someone who has installed the Yakima Landing Pad 7 on a 2010 Prius. I've read the great installation guide for Landing Pads on a 2009 or earlier Prius at evnut.com, and I'm assuming the process is pretty much identical for a 2010, but I'm having nightmares of drilling into the roof and hitting some wire or structural element. I've seen 2010's with roof rack tracks installed (google "rack attack portland prius track"), but that seems like a slightly different process than the individual Landing Pads.

Has anyone done this installation, or had it done at a rack shop, that can share their experience, or even better, some dimensions & measurements about where they placed the Landing Pads on the roof?

Also, a bit of back story for anyone interested in Prius roof racks: I had the more popular "clip on" style Yak racks on my car — the Q towers — with Yakima SKS locks. I live in Los Angeles, and the racks were only on my roof for about three weeks before somebody came along with a crowbar and relieved me of them, doing $500 in damage to the top of my doors in the process. That's why I'm switching to the Landing Pads, so I can easily remove the racks when not in use. (That, and to keep my gas mileage up..)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Burna J and Aimee like this.
  2. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bump on your behalf.

3. Aimee

Aimee New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the same questions. Has anyone installed the landing pads?

4. 3island

3island No need to canoe across the river

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Did you ever install those landing pads?? I have a Gen II but I think the traction battery is dead so I'm looking at a 2010. If you installed the landing pads I would be VERY EAGER to learn what measurements you used. I, too, used the EVNUT recommendations on my first 2 Priuses. It's the best system I've seen. That's my 18'6" Canoe and rocket box heading for a fishing hole. Thank you.

5. 3island

3island No need to canoe across the river

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Did you ever install landing pads on a Gen III? I am looking at buying one to replace the car in the photo. I don't have a source of the measurements to use. Thank you.