1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

YAY

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by meezercat, Jul 1, 2006.

1. meezercat

meezercat New Member

So, a near-ish Toyota dealership said they had a black #8 in stock, so I went to see it.

When I got there, it was still there - they said someone had ordered it, but last night they bailed on it. It is now MINE :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*dances*

I love it. So far I've only driven it home from the dealership, but this is the coolest car EVER.

2. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Congrats! Isn't it awesome? And BLACK too. How far are you from Elmhurst? My wife's family lived there and worked at Abbot Laboratories. I see you've been a member here for quite a while. Why did it take you so long to get your car? Or perhaps it's PRIUS #2.

3. lisi

lisi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meezercat @ Jul 1 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]279827[/snapback]</div>
    From the license plate holder it looks like you purchased it from Elmhurst Toyota. Was it MSRP?

4. meezercat

meezercat New Member

unruhly, I'm about an hour from Elmhurst. I live very close to Abbott Labs though :)

lisi - I did indeed get it there since they had it in stock, and they were quite good to deal with. My only complaint - and not really their fault - was there were so many customers there I had to wait an insanely long time to get into the financing office. And yes, it was MSRP.

Oh, and this is the first Prius - I have been looking into it for over a year but have taken so long for many reasons...too busy working on my MBA was the first and biggest one - but I graduated last weekend :) The other thing was my other car had been paid off for 3.5 years so it was hard to swallow getting a loan, but I managed.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yep: coolest car in the universe! And congratulations (even if you did have to settle for black instead of blue -- anyway, now you can join the cool chicks with black Priuses club.)

6. lisi

lisi New Member

Congratulations, meezercat - how exciting!

Happy driving & enjoy!

7. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Yeah, I don't know where those <strike>lazy creeps</strike> fine women are---they're supposed to be here to greet you with a basket of flowers---but galaxee or Rancid or another one of 'em will probably eventually show up. Some of 'em enjoy making Grand Entrances. <_<

Congrats not only on your good car sense, but, moreso, on your MBA. Are you going to go to work for Gates or Trump now?

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    dang, that's a sharp looking car!

Congrats!

9. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Beautiful car - driving is a different experience in a Prius, but you're finding that out now, aren't you?!!!!!

Congratulations!

10. marjam

marjam Member

Congratulations and welcome to teh Prius "club". I have my second Prius and can't wait for the third!

11. meezercat

meezercat New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Jul 1 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]279847[/snapback]</div>
    Of course! No seriously, I'm already in a good position at a huge company, and my boss is grooming me for a promotion to the next level. The hard work is paying off :)

And I am getting a tad overwhelmed by the owner's manual......especially all the bright yellow warnings! Eek! :eek: I guess they have to put that in there but it's a little freaky to realize all the stuff that can go wrong. Plus, a whole separate manual for the Nav? This is going to take me weeks to figure out!

Oh, also - so far I think the seats are uber comfortable, not sure what people have been complaining about.

12. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hey!!!!!!!!

Congrats from a cheezehead neighbor. I live just north of you. You have one fantastic traveling machine and yes it will require some getting into the user manual as well as interacting with your newest friends here on PriusChat. :)

If you get a chance come join us at the Milwaukee Hybrid Group. We have meetings on the southside of Milwaukee. So, now you will have an excuse to take a ride up north past the cheeze curtain. :p

Again congrats. And enjoy.

13. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats!
    You are lucky to find such a cool ride!

I also got scared by the manual and decided it must be kept in the car!!!!!!!! Have a blast!

14. meezercat

meezercat New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Jul 1 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]279914[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, cool. I'm actually up in Milwaukee quite often (got family up there, etc.). I only live about 15 min from the border. I may check it out. :)

15. Prakash

Prakash New Member

Congrats. Don't think I have met you yet. But wish you all the good luck a Prius can bring. Don't forget to smile everytime you pass someone up on the Electric Motor, particularly gas guzzling Hummers! We all know how much you will be saving compared to them, and it won't be just money.

16. Pollenfax

Pollenfax New Member

Beautiful car. You are going to love it. Congrats. :)

17. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meezercat @ Jul 1 2006, 06:41 PM) [snapback]279875[/snapback]</div>
    As an MBA, you know we're living in the Age of Liability. Toyota is ultra-cautious with all those warnings---as is anyone now who sells even the simplest electric appliance (e.g.: "Do not set clock time or alarm while sitting or standing in water" with a bedside alarm clock).

Some of those are things that can only hypothetically go wrong.

18. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prakash @ Jul 2 2006, 04:46 AM) [snapback]280042[/snapback]</div>
    I found out about this website shortly after I joined the Prius Yahoo groups, and I think it pretty much sums up everthing.... http://fuh2.com/

19. momfortheenvironment

brand new owner here too, mines' blue! I'm so excited but your comment about the manual cracked me up, plus its hard to read with your 5 year old interrupting you like ever line , but he thinks that backup camera is the coolist thing. If only someone like matchbox or hotwheels would make one! Great way to get the kids who love cars thinking hybrid too, I think I'm going to submit a suggestion!!

20. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(momfortheenvironment @ Jul 2 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]280338[/snapback]</div>
    Tomica makes a toy Prius in at least two different scales. I got mine on eBay. It's 2.75 inches long and the same color as my real one (blue). It came from Asia, so shipping cost more than the toy itself.