1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yeah just broke 60mpg...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by banshee08, Sep 12, 2009.

1. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just needed to tell the world. I just broke 60mpg calculate... Here are the stats for my third tank..

582.6 Miles
    9.651 gallons
    Trip A reading 63.5 mpg 38mph avg.

Again I drive about 95% highway... In my Nissan Altima Hybrid I have yet to break the 40mpg but have gotten close at 39.4 mpg calculated.

1 person likes this.
  2. pfreeus

pfreeus New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That is amazing. I have yet to break 53 Calculated. Have you done anything special? I have increased tire pressure to 42/40 and try not to drive upset other drivers but I am would honestly say I am slightly on the conservative side of normal when there are drivers behind me and when no one is behind me, I will let the Pruis roll sooner when I see or know a red light is coming. Between city and freeway driving, I am getting better milage from freeway driving.

3. lamontcranston

lamontcranston Umbra Tenet

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well done! I'm hoping to have my first tank over 61 myself, while my lifetime average is still about 57. I drive at or below the speed limit and have a mostly highway commute with several long downhill stretches both ways.