1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

YEEEAAAA........It's on its way!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windsurfdog, Apr 12, 2004.

1. windsurfdog

windsurfdog New Member

Got the call that a Tideland pkg. 7 was mine for the asking. I was waiting for a Salsa pkg. 4 but this will do just fine! To be delivered at the dealer this Friday....WOOHOO! Been waiting since on the list since Christmas Eve and now next Friday is Christmas!

In the meantime I'm planning to scour this and the other sites for break-in info. All suggestions are welcomed.

BTW, they sold a TRAC (silver, pkg.1) with 1400 miles on it just the week before for the same price (MSRP) of this new one w/ pkg. 7. Of course they offered the TRAC to me but I laughed and said no thanks. My dealer rep was almost embarrassed to offer it to me with that kind of markup but he is down the food chain and was just making sure it wasn't something I'd be interested in. I told him earlier that I would be interested but not at a premium markup. Good things come to those that wait.........

One more time........WOOOOHOOOO!!!

2. ifftster

ifftster New Member

congrats...it's worth the wait! :D

3. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Congratulations!!! :mrgreen:

4. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations!
    As for the break in period, the manual says don't break heavy for the first 200 miles, and don't drive too fast for the first 600 miles. I would suggest easy acceleration and vary your speed for a while.
    A friend at work has a Tideland # 7 and it's beautiful. Happy motoring.

5. jchu

jchu New Member

A few dealers, (eg Walser in Bloomington, MN) will part with their TRAC Priuses for just over invoice. That is how we got our pkg #3 Black. Great service too.

Jon