1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

yesterday V8 today: Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DIV, Feb 23, 2009.

1. DIV

DIV New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi Everybody!
    My name is Dan and I just traded in my gas-gozzling BMW 645 Ci for a new Prius and I'm loving it! A bit of an adjustment, but it's a great car and I feel great about driving it. Not to mention I went from 18 MPG to up in the 40's. Awesome. I just joined here after deleting the BMW forum from my favorites!

Talk soon!

2. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome, good move!

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You need my license plate: the letters are "BMW". It's just a coincidence, but many people thing I did it deliberately with my black Prius.

Tom

4. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome. You'll like it here. My '08 is almost a year old and I still learn new things here about this car. There are some smart people here and some nice people. A few are both. :D

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat and Prius ownership, Dan.

Don't worry, it's not an exclusive group, you can keep the BMW link in your Favorites. :)

Have a seat, start reading, and feel free to ask anything.

6. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats, Dan! Welcome to PriusChat.

Bring all of your experience with you and give us an idea of why you chose a Prius as your replacement over the BMW. It obviously wasn't because you grew tired of the cornering capabilities of that old Bavarian slug of a car.

What drew you to a Prius? What do you miss (aside from frequent stops to fill up the tank)? If you could tweak your Prius, what would you add/delete/change?

7. DIV

DIV New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi guys
    thanks soooo much for the warm invitation. I'm a reall addicted poster, so I think you'll see alot of me around.
    Tony: As I have no need for BMW info anymore, I did delete the favorite links.
    a priori: thanks for the nice words!

Well we had our tax return apointment on Friday and after the shock of what my wife and I owe for 2008 taxes, it was time to make some changes and I did so the very next morning! I loved my 6 series, but it's really not in tune with my green way of thinking anymore. My office is 4 star EnviroStars rated, we recycle, I don't waste anything...so you get the point. The gas-hog just wasn't the "current me" anymore.

I knew that Toyota is the leader in Hybrid technology and even though I want a full electric car someday, the Prius is a wonderful stepping stone.
    One thing I miss the most (and it's not the performance, because I'm zipping around just fine) is the moon roof. In the Pacific NW is gets cloudy often and I wish I had a glass roof...
    (Maybe I'll get the 3rd generation as my next car)
    I'm really on my 4th day with it, so I have ALOT to learn about it. I only have about 80 miles on the car (it came with 20).