1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another Big Brother MFD override needed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rufaro, Jan 21, 2007.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have tried to search, but seem to be either using incorrect terms or the answer isn't here...

CobraKid installed my SiriusPrius kit (THANK YOU!) (And Galaxee's DH replaced my damaged antenna--HUGE THANK YOU!)

I discovered that I can use MP3 recorded CDs (good for recording about 140 tracks each instead of about 20).

I know the MFD does have pain-in-the-butt overrides so you can do stuff like entering new info in (on? with? for?) the navlady while actually driving.

When the car is not moving, the MFD will allow me to display all of the tracks on the MP3 cds, however, once I hit about 3 mph, I can only see the abbreviated info for the current track, and nothing about any of the others. (The extended track info, for example, shows the name of the album.)

Any ideas?

2. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jan 21 2007, 06:53 AM) [snapback]378620[/snapback]</div>
    http://evnut.com/prius_speed_wire.htm

http://priuschat.com/Speed-Sensor-Defeat-Update-t456.html

http://priuschat.com/Motion-override-switch-2006-t25971.html

3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jan 22 2007, 02:24 AM) [snapback]378904[/snapback]</div>
    You can get a Lock Pick from Coastal Tech. I believe you would want the Blue Lockpick. Yeah, it's still hardware, but it isn't cutting.

5. ucsbgaucho

ucsbgaucho New Member

So is the FM text/song/artist portion of the Lockpick included in the Lockpick basic, or do you have to get the full $299 version that does the video/audio input? The lockpick 3 basic unlocks address entry, but does that also mean it unlocks the MSG part of the audio, as well as being able to scroll folders/files on CDs, etc? Anyone know?

6. rob_md

rob_md New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucsbgaucho @ Jan 22 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]379151[/snapback]</div>
    With the Ultimate Lockpick on a 2006, I still can't see track lists when the car is moving.

7. JacquesR

JacquesR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jan 21 2007, 06:53 AM) [snapback]378620[/snapback]</div>
    No idea, but your post triggered some questions very interesting (to me at least)
    what is your radio?
    -JBL vs nonJBL
    -Model# if nonJBL
    -single CD vs CD changer

how did you discover you can play MP3s,
    I discovered successively that:
    -I should play MP3s (before I bought the car)
    -I could not read MP3s (After I bought the car)
    -I will never be able to play MP3s (After I complained to Toyota)
    Does your radio buttons say CD or CD/MP3?

Cheers

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JacquesR @ Jan 22 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]379199[/snapback]</div>
    Answer one--you have the base package, while I have pkg 3--base doesn't do MP3, as I understand it. I have whatever single cd stereo it is that came with the '06 pkg 3. The button says cd, but the machine will figure out if it is an mp3 cd or not, based on the package difference.

In reference to the earlier replies--thank you all--I don't mind hardware, as such--but apparently this particular hardware won't solve my problem (well, THIS problem, I mean--there are lots and lots of others, but those are kinda more on the personal level, shall we say?).

I KNOW there is a hack to override the "in transit" Nav lockout--but it has to be repeated every time you start the car.

My guess from the responses to my original question is that I am blessed with the ability to play mp3 cds, but can only see the full playlist if I ain't drivin'.

And I AM sorry about your problems w/ MP3s, Jacques--it took me several thousand miles to figure out that I a) COULD play mp3 cds, and B) how the heck to get my computer to record them--140 tracks per cd sure beats the heck out of 20...and yeah, I'm otherwise a luddite and do not own an iPod...which, I regretfully believe, would not help you either with your model. :(

9. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oops. I now own an iPod--blame air travel. It takes serious quantities of valium, BOSE noise cancelling headphones and mostly non-music acoustic music (stuff like, say, Fantasia or The Four Seasons, for example, I find is too distracting) to get me through security without having my family and myself detained by the small-brained/large powered TSA personnel.

I was REALLY fine before the big clampdowns that started in August...but never mind...that's not what this is about...(But--if you haven't figured it out yet for whatever reason--you CAN bring an EMPTY water bottle through security and fill it at a water fountain, if you don't feel like getting ripped off by the concessions and, like my son and me, really can't go the number of hours between security and drink service on the plane without liquid...however--you still have to watch the small-brainers--they tried to take away my EMPTY bottles a couple of weeks ago--it took 2 of us to point out they were EMPTY...much like most of the screener's heads, it seems...)

GAH! (Hi Galaxee...)

I'm still trying to find out how to work the MP3 cd playlists when the car is actually moving...

I don't have the Nav/Bluetooth problem--got neither one built in...Bought a Garmin StreetPilot GPS and a Sony-Ericcson (Ericsson?) phone that have no problems talking to each other, with me joining in, and the Garmin has built in options...you CAN choose to lock it so it can't be used while the car is in motion...or you can just hit a button on power-up that says "yeah, I won't do anything stupid with this while I am driving...

I promise not to do anything stupid with the CD/MP3 playlist--can't someone please tell me how to get it to work? (and, no, I'm not gonna go for the iPod integration...I have the 140 or so tracks on each CD, and when they pall, I have my SiriusPrius!)

Won't you please, please help me...? :blink:

10. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm guessing here...there is no "easter egg/hack" for the MP3CD tracklist display...and it isn't even entirely clear that any of the lockpicks would do it either (and, no, it really isn't worth $149 to me for a hardware solution...) :(

11. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

There are TWO different speed interlocks that are completely separate. The NAV system and NAV based features (such as Calendar) are controlled by the speed sense going to the NAV box. The rest are controlled by the speed sense going to the MFD. 2004/2005 pre V6.1 LOADING.KWI had the soft speed override hack for NAV based functions only. 2006/2007 and 2004/2005 v6.1+ disabled the screen that had the override button.
    Although BlueTooth was only in the package with NAV suggesting it was a NAV feature, it really isn't, it is an MFD function so the speed lockout for BT comes from the MFD speed sense wire.

To know if a feature is a NAV based feature, if it depends on you pressing 'I Agree' to acces the feature, it is NAV based. Try accessing the calender feature just after powering up to see what I mean.

Now why couldn't they also have a calculator in the MFD?

12. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have the NAV at all. (I have portable Garmin that doesn't go through the MFD). But, the stereo will play MP3CDs, and that's where I have the "speed lockout" in that I can't show all the tracks when driving. There is NO "decline/agree" screen and no calendar feature in my '06 pkg 3.

:blink: