1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another Bluetooth doesn't work for music post. TechStream?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by topshot, May 7, 2024.

1. topshot

topshot Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    2012 Prius Three with standard head unit that worked fine until roughly the time Entune was discontinued I think, which I don't believe to be at all relevant since we have never used any part of it, but it was sometime last fall the my wife first noticed this issue. We can use our phones for music in my 2015 c fine.

Phone calls and AUX still work, it's just playing music from ANY phone (Android) via BT that doesn't work anymore. It doesn't matter if streaming from a website or playing songs from the internal card in the phone. Tried unpairing and re-pairing all phones. My son just tried a soft reset.

I'm kind of baffled why there would be an apparently different BT section playing phone CALL audio vs music audio even though those are different options to allow. Also puzzled why this is such a hit or miss issue where it sometimes isn't even fixed with a full OEM HU replacement from what I've read. Does there happen to be anything in TechStream that can test or reset anything? I haven't seen anyone mention using it so I'm guessing not.

If it wasn't for the backup camera, I'd just put in an aftermarket HU and be done with it, but my wife and son really need that. :)