1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another GM recall

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by JackDodge, May 1, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...PDATE/605010397

The affected vehicles are the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon from the 2004-2006 model years and the 2006 Isuzu i-280 and i-350. Malorn's going to be busy today...if he was able to sell any of these pieces of junk, that is. :lol:

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, let's see...

Toyota just recalled 57,000 Lexus sedans globally for faulty seatbelts.

They also just recalled 76,000 minivans in Japan for "front propeller shaft" flaws (I guess that means "drive shaft").

They also just recalled over 3,000 ambulances in Japan for brake problems.

Last year, they issued a recall on the Prius.

Last September, they recalled just shy of 1 million trucks and SUVs.

In June last year, they recalled 75,000 Scion sedans.

In April last year, they recalled another 750,000 SUVs and Trucks.

In August of 2003, they recalled 35,000 Sienna minivans because the fuel tank could catch on fire.

In fact, the Tacoma pickup truck was recalled 3 times in 4 years.

And this was just all I could find in the first couple of pages of a google search.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just this morning, Jack, I was speaking up to Malorn for blasting Toyota about Avalon recalls. It would be hypocritical for me to take pleasure in GM's recalls.

If that happened in the U.S. and the ambulance brakes locked up, there would be the risk of lawyers slamming into the backs of them. :D

4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 1 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]248013[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

5. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ May 1 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]247970[/snapback]</div>
    Ever notice how many GM vehicles are running around with burned-out marker or tail lights?

6. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boxster...WRX...Prius? @ May 11 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]253864[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: yeah that's gotten to be one of their hallmarks. Even brand new SUVs have 'em. Some time ago, a little after dusk, I got passed by one like that but he also had a headlight that jiggled and was misaligned. I saw it coming from a long ways off, not surprisingly. And GM has the nerve to say that their quality is on par with the Japanese. :rolleyes:

7. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ May 1 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]247970[/snapback]</div>
    Did you catch the latest recall on your Prius? Is that two recalls and counting on your little darling? so far a recall for stalling and now a recall for the steering coming apart? Did you say POS or should I? :lol:

8. thecaptain

thecaptain New Member

Every car manufacturer has recalls. That's part of the business. Some companies like GM and lately Toyota have been more vocal about announcing the recalls. Some companies such as BMW do their best to keep the recall notifications "in-house." I once heard a customer complain that his BMW was in the shop more and had more recalls than his Blazer. To be fair, however, he did own an 850i. lol

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ May 16 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]256165[/snapback]</div>
    Jack what is the story with your avatar? Are you pretending that your Prius is made in America, or maybe sold by an american company, or maybe even had some domestic content(<5%). I hope you aren't one to bitch about budget deficits, your $25,000+ is multiplying in Japan and helping to pay for the Japanese schools, government, pensions, health care etc. Just thought you might want to know.

You should send it in to Toyota, they could use it in their next big marketing push. They will need to further "americanize" themselves if they are to really make a dent in the pickup segment with their gas-guzzling "biggest, bad-nice person truck on the planet".