1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another new...new... nubie- maybe!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ny_rob, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good-afternoon from sunny NY :D

Trying to purchase a 2011 Prius (trim level) five, have my eye on one in the area- but still a few hundred $$ between my budget and what the stealership is willing to let her go for.

Hoping the factory rebate for 2011 models is going from $750 in March. If that happens- I'm in for the long haul :D:D

-Rob

2. wsumba

wsumba New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought my new '11 2 weeks ago. Here in the Washington DC area, there was the choice between $1K cash back or 0% financing for 60 months. It expires 3/5 if I remember correctly.

3. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd sign the dotted line today if the rebate was $1k.
    Currently in the Northeast it's $750 rebate, or 0% APR financing for 36 mo. Both offers end on 2/29/12. If you take the $750 rebate then financing is at 2.9APR.

After viewing "local" stock, there's quite a few available 2011's in the area. Without incentives they're not going to move since without incentives they're not significantly lower priced than the 2012's.

I hope Toyota will up the $750 rebate a few $$ for March. At any rate-don't think they'll lower it for 2011 models.

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wouldn't hold my breath on bigger rebates... as fuel prices increase, the Prius becomes a hot item. Just saying...

Welcome aboard by the way!

5. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks!
    Well, I may indeed have to just deal with the $750 rebate if March doesn't see a larger rebate. I'm only a few hundred $$ from my budget at this point- wouldn't kill me to pay a few $$ more since I'm soooo close now.

6. boopie

boopie Are we there yet?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Have you considered the Prius c Four?

7. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The "C" is nice- but a bit to small for the kind of driving I do on the L.I.E. 60-70mph surrounded by 18 wheel tractor-trailers, Suburbans, 4wd PU Truck, etc...