1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yikes!! LOOK what they DID to my poor Prius!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cyberpriusII, May 26, 2019.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some of you may know I have been recovering from an auto accident. Finally, after nearly six months I have the ability to walk and do some simple chores.

Decided to look at the old Prius. Checked the oil. Opened the engine air filter box:

EEEKK!

We did catch four mice last night in our live trap. Husband let them loose on his way to town -- over a river and about 10 miles away, so doubt they will be back. Live trap goes back tonight -- as well as five or six snap traps.

Had to remove the snorkel and vacuum out that also. Because of the loss of strength in my right arm (a slice straight through the bicep tends to do that), the snorkel job was the most difficult, but managed to get it done. Recovered quite a bit of debris from that. Of course, somehow, the screening had come loose from the intake end of the snorkel, allowing them access. Husband will have to fix that later today. I am done.

The engine filter was a bit mucky on the intake side -- but not bad. Just to be a bit obsessive, I ordered a new Denso from Rockauto.com for $6.xx plus $5 shipping. Big savings over both NAPA and the dealer and it gets delivered to my door -- a big plus right now.
    kris

Prius.JPG

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow! what are those, mini cookies?

i had to have my biceps tendon reattached. what did they do for yours?

3. Almost. For the first time ever, we have an inside look at Fred’s House of Mouse-sized Pancakes :ROFLMAO:

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah put 1/4" galvanized steel mesh into the snorkel opening. Drill a few small holes around the perimeter, secure it with copper wire twist-ties or similar.

cyberpriusII likes this.
  5. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly, I put them out every morning to give the poor rodents a nutritious breakfast -- you know it's the most important meal of the day.

<actually, Kirkland Signature Nature's Domain Beef Meal dog food -- try saying that three times fast>

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are we back to the free lunch thread?

Raytheeagle and cyberpriusII like this.
  7. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    NOOO!!! NOOO!!

Please not that morass again!

bisco likes this.
  8. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My humerus was broken in two places -- fairly severe break on the lower end -- a spiral fracture -- not so severe on the upper end:
    What is a spiral fracture? Causes and treatment

Anyway, they had to cut open the entire length of the arm through the bicep and fish out "bits and pieces" and put in a plate and about a dozen screws. Unfortunately, my arm does not like the plate and is rejecting it at the moment, so, unless the plate and bone learn to play nice, probably looking at future surgery to remove the plate in December, after the bones have knitted together.

Ahh, sorry Mendel and I misspoke -- it was the length of the upper arm -- from shoulder to elbow....No more bathing suits -- but at least I can wear short sleeves. :D:eek::rolleyes:

#8 cyberpriusII, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    bisco likes this.
  9. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I may faint...

jerrymildred and Raytheeagle like this.
  10. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just came back to:oops:.

That’s why I never could be a doc(y).

jerrymildred likes this.
  11. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, sorry, but I am confused. What really is that stuff in your filter? I thought we were going to see mice poop or something.

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, that is brutal. i'm amazed they haven't come up with plate material that won't be rejected.

i have a bunch of anchors and screws. not sure what they re made of, they don't set off the airport monitor.

13. Lightning Racer

Lightning Racer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dog food.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  14. So, are all the mice dead yet? Also are you using glue traps? Those seem to be the only ones that work for me.

15. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    WOW! Just, WOW! I remember the agony of getting a titanium plate in my wrist and those nine screws. That was excruciating. I can't imagine how much more your whole arm would hurt. Is your plate titanium? I don't think I ever heard of that being rejected.

BTW, I hope you saved pictures of the x-rays. Mine are really cool, so your's would be spectacular. Not fun now, but great for getting sympathy from friends and family.

16. Is saving X-rays like a thing?

lol I can see it for a gig, astronomer gets an X-ray on his pelvis, the doctor shows it to him and says, "I can see Uranus from here" :LOL:

#16 Deleted member 111882, May 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
    jerrymildred likes this.
  17. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For me, it was a sliced nerve bundle controlling (among other things), two portions of the tricep, leaving me with just a working 'monocep'. It doesn't cover the full movement range of a whole tricep bundle, nor provide the full strength over any portion.

While the brain and remaining muscle have long since compensated enough for ordinary daily function, there are certain movements where that arm has essentially zero strength. If I have to defend myself in a street fight, any adversary who knows this weakness could own me in an instant.
    I did, when the first biopsy by needle aspiration triggered a vasovagal response, before the doc knew the tumor was on a nerve bundle. It was the next biopsy that did the real damage.

Oh, you mean cyber's description? That wasn't much better. :sick:

I've since had the same type tumor on another nerve bundle. But this was treated far better, producing no loss of muscle control and only a very small patch of sensory loss. And neither treatment involved long or deep cuts or added hardware.

18. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    It's not wombat poop, or it would be cubical. Gotta stay with fecal angle here because these medical discussions make me cringe.

==
    Get it? Only square poop has fecal angles

??

jerrymildred and fuzzy1 like this.
  19. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring

We watched a series, The Secret Life of Wombats, learned gems like that. Very calming show; they gave all the wombats names, sort of Winnie the Pooh.

20. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Caught several nature programs where the animals were. The one about a lionness was depressing. Another pride killed her mate. Cape buffalo drove off/killed her cub. She had the leave to another one crying after a hyena broke its back.

Gee, thanks for the reminder.:(

Mendel Leisk likes this.