1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yippee! Almost here!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by peakfinder, Oct 3, 2006.

1. peakfinder

peakfinder New Member

My wait is almost over!

The dealer emailed me today that my 2007 Magnetic gray, package 6, flipped from F status to G status Monday morning. He said it only takes about 3 days for it to arrive here in Colorado. For those who have been following my posts, this means that the shippment time from Japan (F status) was about 10 days. It has been hard waiting just since the middle of last month--don't know how you guys passed the time waiting several months to get yours. Yes, My tax credit will be smaller by 50 percent but hey--I would have ordered if there was no tax credit!

So I'm printing out the pickup shcek lists, arraging auto insurance, shopping for car loans, and ordering accessories.

Joe

2. New Revelation

New Revelation The Master Captain

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PeakFinder @ Oct 3 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]327201[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe because some of us like myself have the patience. B). Mine is expected to come in on the 18th this month, but I let my dealer know that I wont be able to pick it up until the 11th of November. Said that it won't be a problem and that the car will be ready for me when I pick it up (there's no waiting lists at this dealership). Already got the VIN number and I should get my buyer's order in the mail this week. It will give me time I know to get things done and that once my wait is over it will be well worth it.

3. peakfinder

peakfinder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hopeful Future Prius Owner @ Oct 3 2006, 05:14 AM) [snapback]327224[/snapback]</div>

I like to think I have patience--I buy a new car only after keeping the last one for ten years. That's what I have done for the last TWO decades. I'ts just this car seems so darn cool it hard to wait. :D

Joe

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PeakFinder @ Oct 3 2006, 04:26 AM) [snapback]327227[/snapback]</div>
    I'm the same way. My first car was totalled within a few months of purchasing it (used) and I replaced it with the same exact model, different color, also used. I had that car for just over 9 years (and 180K miles) when my Prius arrived. I expect to keep the Prius for 10+ years, depending on how long it will last me (being an uber- reliable Toyota, who knows the life expectancy!!). :D

5. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PeakFinder @ Oct 3 2006, 04:26 AM) [snapback]327227[/snapback]</div>
    These cars ARE so darn cool! Congrats on yours almost being here Joe. Be prepared to fall in love the first time you drive it!

6. techman01

techman01 New Member

What is the pickup check lists?