1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yippee!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rebbi, Sep 16, 2006.

1. rebbi

rebbi New Member

Well,

After over a year of waiting (that's a whole other story) my Prius — yes, it's real, I have the VIN!!) is on its way to the dealer from the distribution center in Houston. Should be there this weekend. Delivery next Tuesday. Seaside Pearl, Pkg. #6. Yahoo!

Best regards,

Steve :D

2. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Well, congratulations in advance! It's a nice color, although I may be a little biased.

So if it's taken a year, aren't you at least going to tell us the story?

3. momfortheenvironment

Yippe from another seaside pearl owner, a year???? I think I waited about 2 months.

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yea.. the wait is nuts isn't it?....

Congrats..... you'll have to plan a nice long trip to play in it.

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats - it's been a long wait, and you'll absolutely fall in love with it! Have fun!

6. rebbi

rebbi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA @ Sep 16 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]320685[/snapback]</div>
    Well, its an awfully long story, that I've already detailed in another thread. Short version: I was on the "waiting list" of a local dealer from June of '05 through July of '06. Was told at that time that the wait would be about a year; didn't really mind because financially it made sense to wait the year, plus I had a personal connection to the sales person. Got curious in July of '06 (hadn't heard anything) and was told "You're number 73 on the list; we have a 1.5 to 2 year wait." Posted that on this forum. Universal consensus: "that's riduculous; find another dealer fast." Put down a deposit in July at another dealer. Heard nothing for three weeks. Realized full tax credit ran out at end of September. Sought advice here. Consensus: "decide how far a radius from home you're willing to travel, and get busy on the computer contacting internet sales people." Took advice. Got nowhere. Suddenly, heard from dealer about 90 minutes away: "I'm getting an extra car and can probably trade it for what you want." Asked for a Pkg. 4, any color but black or white; dealer found a Package 6, but deleted "Extra Mile" package for me at my request. Took the deal.

Whew!

That's my saga.

Take care,

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Sep 17 2006, 12:25 AM) [snapback]320717[/snapback]</div>
    Yes: actually, driving about 4 hours to Houston on Thursday! Thinking of getting one of those front end "bras" quickly. I'd be bummed big-time if I come back with paint chips on the front end due to flying gravel in my first week of ownership!

Take care,

Steve

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rebbi @ Sep 17 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]320821[/snapback]</div>
    This saga has the potential of being used to illustrate a new beginning in a Yom Kippur or Rosh HaShana sermon, unless the original salesperson is a congregant, that is.

L'Shana Tova.

8. Ghostrider

Ghostrider New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rebbi @ Sep 17 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]320821[/snapback]</div>
    WOW - I also live in Austin and didn't even visit the dealers after calling. Got mine in on Thursday in Dallas. I am going to get the bra quickly even if it doesn't fit the 2006 correctly. Waxing mine on Saturday showed one small rock chip already. Also getting the ceramic tint soon.

9. rebbi

rebbi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghostrider @ Sep 17 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]320966[/snapback]</div>
    Shout-out to a fellow Austinite! :lol:

BTW, I just ran into someone today who bought a gorgeous red Prius and went to Dallas to do it. What IS it with getting a Prius in Austin; it's nearly impossible right now.

Take care,

Steve