1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yokohama Avid Touring S vs Bridgestone Ecopia

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusinalameda, Nov 9, 2011.

1. priusinalameda

priusinalameda New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone have an opinion or recommendation about replacing 2 OE tires w/Bridgestone Ecopia or Yokohama Avid Touring S?

Background is: I need to replace 2 very worn OE tires (bought from the dealer used at 34,000; now at 67K). I replaced 2 very worn OE tires 1.5 yrs ago with Yokohama Avid Touring S, after reading info here and elsewhere online. I've been happy with them, although I don't know how much impact the 2 older tires are having. This time around, though, Big O Tires wants me to buy low rolling resistance tires, since I have a hybrid, and is suggesting GY Integrity or Bridgestone Ecopia. I prefer to have all 4 tires the same (no good reason - just simpler in my brain) and plus I've been happy with my new Yokohama tires and they're cheaper than the Ecopias. (I won't go with GY Integrity for sure, because they don't last.)

I mostly drive city streets and occasional long road trip hwy drives. No planned snow driving. We use the Subaru for those winter snow trips. I'm mostly concerned about handling and safety, especially in the rain, less about MPG, road noise and comfort.

Thanks.