1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yosemite trip pics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seasidetraveler, Apr 3, 2006.

1. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone, I wanted to share some Prius shots from my weekend in Yosemite Natl. Park, ENJOY :)

2. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! Definitely some candidates for next year's calendar in there.

A few pics of my own from Friday. The snow is finally starting to melt off during the day and I slapped my summer tires/wheels back on. Actually looks like a Prius again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The pictures are magnificent! You should send a few into Toyota, they might make it into their little monthly newsletter or something!

4. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ Apr 3 2006, 01:49 AM) [snapback]234052[/snapback]</div>
    The third picture begs for a little photoshop work to remove the traffic sign - that's a fabulous shot.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Great pictures. One of the greatest places in the whole world. I have one, or two small questions? Why not black and white? Where is the zone system? Where the originals done on a 8X10 view camera? Why use such a small format camera for those great vistas? :lol:

6. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Apr 3 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]234452[/snapback]</div>

:) I have bigger pics, just reduced these for easy posting

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ Apr 3 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]234464[/snapback]</div>
    8X10? or did Ansel Adams intimidate you so that you had to shoot in color and small format? I am just jealous, I love that place and do not have a picture that is good enough. One must set ones standards high to reach for the stars. One day, one day I will get a photograph to measure up!

8. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, my brother RadMarv and I were in Yosimite back in November of 05 for a family wedding. Too bad we didn't take any pics of both our Tideland Blue 05 Prius's when we were there like you did.

I do remember that at the lodge we stayed in just outside the park, we counted over 5 Prius's in the parking lot, and that was not including our two blue babies. Guess the Hybrid motivation is catching on...NICE!!!

9. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CinciPrius @ Apr 3 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]234444[/snapback]</div>

I'm just an interested bystander but couldn't help fulfilling your request... I agree totally and needed the practice. :rolleyes:

Too bad they're not at a higher resolution also (presently - 350x263). :(

10. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cloned from just left of the sign, right?
    _H*

11. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ Apr 2 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]234052[/snapback]</div>

Great pix! Any chance you could post these at a higher resolution ie. 800x600-ish? (Just wondering...)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Apr 3 2006, 09:53 PM) [snapback]234558[/snapback]</div>

"Good eye!" You weren't supposed to notice... B)

12. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Which pics would you folks like at higher resolution? I have them all. I will post the ones that people want.. I also got plenty of beautiful shots w/o the Prius, but didn't think people would want to see those, I have about 40 great shots.

Here's one that seems to be popular

Edit- I actually got in trouble for taking this photo- A park ranger pulled me over and said that I should not have been that far off the road! Come on- I am in a hybrid! It's not like I was doing burnouts or hurting anything!

13. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

14. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heliotropehead @ Apr 4 2006, 01:50 PM) [snapback]234770[/snapback]</div>
    ROTFL ... I *love* the revised sign - almost better than no sign. :D

15. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a great Yosemite story. We were visiting a number of years ago and my son was about 7-8 years old. Dressed as a typical American kid tee shirt, blue jeans, ball cap. We stopped at the over look for half dome etc and a bus load of Japanese Tourists arrived. I had my camera on a tripod and was doing my best to imitate Ansel Adams. All they wanted to do is take pictures of the "kid" with the front tooth missing and sitting on the retaining wall. BTW he is no longer "cute" unless you are a 21-23 yof then you can submit your resume to his mother! :lol:

16. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CinciPrius @ Apr 4 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]234978[/snapback]</div>

I was starting to think no one would notice. :)

17. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Apr 4 2006, 10:05 PM) [snapback]235060[/snapback]</div>
    Not a Yosimite story, but we traveled a lot with our twins, even when they were little. Got stopped in 3 different countries by various groups of Japanese tourists to take pictures of our twins...they were such a novelty to them. Still cracks me up.

18. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nice pictures! I love Yosemite!

I'm not too far from there myself at the moment. I'm gonna see if I can get the Prius to pose for me in the snow for some mountain-y pictures before we leave Mammoth to come home on Friday. It's been fun driving it around up here so far!! :)

19. momfortheenvironment

nice pics, I want a blue one!

20. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 5 2006, 02:59 PM) [snapback]235365[/snapback]</div>
    We could have had a small Prius meet! I am not too far from there either.

How about another Cali meet?? I wanna join!!

BTW- I e-mailed my Prius poses to a buddy of mine, and it just so happened that his co-worker was talking about going to Yosemite the day before me, and he showed her the pics, and she said that we are sick people! HAHA She said that they didn't take a single photo of their car! :p