1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

You can say that I went all in.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by totsubo, Jul 16, 2013.

1. totsubo

totsubo New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    New Prius owner here. We've got one Prius v two and one Prius Persona SE (two if you count my friend's in the back).

I hypermile. I started with a Nissan Versa and was able to get 37.9 MPG. Then I moved up to a Honda CR-Z with the CVT, but the best I could do there was 48 MPG.

I was always debating if I should just get a Prius. After driving the CR-Z for two years, I realized that I should have just gotten the Prius. The CR-Z is too small and shouldn't be considered a Hybrid. It basically is a regular car with auto stop and a little electric assist. Insurance on it is higher too.

Finally bought a Prius, but started with the Prius v two. I liked it so much, I got my wife a Prius Persona SE (basically a Prius III with Toyota faux leather).

After three months of regular driving the Prius v, I am now starting to see if I can increase the mpg. Without using any hypermiling techniques, I am already doing better than the CR-Z. With hypermiling, I am currently experiencing 52 AMPG (computer).

I can't wait until there is a Prius t (truck).

[​IMG]

Wiggy Greacen likes this.
  2. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome aboard and congratulations. Now you need to be a member of the BP brigade. Enjoy your new ride.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done!(y)

4. PruisAz

PruisAz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Lucky you. I got mine but could not get my wife to get a Prius. For some reason, females are drawn to those Honda CR-V's. She's happy with her 26MPG....

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the rides!