1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

You have time to spare.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stev0, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    WARNING: annoyingly addictive game.

Premise: Get weapons. Shoot things. Get money for shooting things. Buy bigger weapons. Shoot bigger things. Repeat.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The premise sounds too much like reality to be much of a diversion. :)

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    lvl 34 on my first try... The game is just a rehash of the old TD's from Warcraft 3... Get the game and download all of the ones you can find on the net if you liked this :)

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Damn you....I've spent at least 3 hours playing this thing already.

Made it to level 39 last night and got beat by the last 2 critters. Can't figure out how to accumulate all the points those guys at the top of the points list have though...I'm only getting something like 3200 points.

It's a curious little strategy game. Is it better to buy more small weapons or to upgrade the ones you have...it's hard to know how much power you'll need for each level. I don't think placement of the weapons is quite as important as the layout would lead one to believe (though obviously you want to cover as much 'track' as possible w/ each weapon.)

Still, fun little game, my 7 year old son made it to level 32 his first try!

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jan 30 2007, 08:44 AM) [snapback]382763[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, placement is key. There are certain stretches where you can place towers such that they'll attach creeps on one side, and then after they've all gone past they can attack on the other. Other sections aren't as important - they'll attack on one side, and on the other, but they'll have creeps on both sides at once. And of course, there are the least important areas, where the towers can only attack a creep once.

If you get warcraft III (it's a blast, BTW), you can play online with other people in more complicated TD's, where the creeps will split to go down multiple paths, etc, and the strategy gets complicated.

if you didn't notice, ice/water is key in this game, as it slows down the creeps... if you place the towers correctly, they'll attack the creeps in such a way that they end up at your splash damage towers in bunches, which makes killing them a lot easier...

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Also, money is important. Save it on the lower levels - since you get interest, you'll need that money for the firepower you'll need on the higher levels.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, I figured out that water was key right away. Earth seems a waste of time/money. Certainly placement seems somewhat important, but not as much as getting enough but not too much fire power.

In any case, I beat it finally this afternoon after a couple experiements. think it's key to save as much money as possible early...I even defered a tower with my first wood to get interest. This panned out nicely as I was able to have about 10 of those "mega-towers" all upgraded by the final round.

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I am going to give this to my colleagues, so they too will waste 5 hours like I did. That way, I won't look so behind in the staff meeting!

9. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Survived 39th level on 2nd try. Key is that at the end you can't kill build enough to kill them all, use the money to buy more lives.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

OK. Bedtime. I made it to 89th place, 70,000 points.

Secret to higher points is compound interest. I like fire, then arrows, then cannons. Going to see if I can get by without fire some time....