1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"You Look Smart..." Cards from Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by drbob, Jun 7, 2004.

1. drbob

drbob New Member

Shortly after I purchased my '01, I received a stack of cards that read "You Look Smart - You Should Drive a Prius!". They were about the size of a credit card and had Toyota's website address and a phone number on the reverse. I gave some out, hoarded most (to use as bookmarks and such), and have but a couple left. Does anyone know if Toyota still sends these cards out? People are noticing this car more than the '01, probably due to the change in styling and the gas prices, and I wish I had an ample supply to hand out to people who stop me and want to talk Prius.

Example: The other day I had parked in a shopping center and ran in for a few minutes. When I came out, there was a young couple along with a Toyota saleswoman looking at my Prius. Our local dealer had many of their cars under a tent in this shopping center lot - part of a special sale no doubt - but they did not have a Prius available for people to see. They must have seen me drive up and probably couldn't believe their luck in finding one to look at after all.

Whenever I'm asked how I like it I always mention that this is our second Prius. That seems to answer their question.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got a HSD key chain. I ordered last month. I am waiting and trying to recall the benefits of delayed gratification. Actually I would like to wait at least till August when I pay off my car. Does that mean I will get one this month since it will be a pain to have the extra car payment?
    Henry Drygas

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've had my '04 since January and have not received any such cards. I therefore assume that they are no longer sending them out. Unless maybe it's a dealer thing.

Henry, I don't think you need worry about getting your Prius too soon. But I'm sure nobody would mind (and somebody would be very happy) if it did come too soon and you asked to be dropped one place on the list.

4. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I remember the cards. I got a few extra stacks from the dealership, and still have a stack. I am guessing that Toyota is not going to do anything like that for the 04 because it probably would have already happened.

~Andrew

5. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  6. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It is true what SirJohn says, people appreciate real world information rather than generic promotion. That is partially why I still have an entire stack of the cards in my possession.

The information people gather from websites such as http://john1701a.com is far more valuable than what they could get from a typical site like Consumer Reports.

(A high five to all those Prius internet pioneers out there.)

Cheers,

~Andrew