1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

you wanna know why there are no honest mechanics?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Jun 4, 2007.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    okay. we're laying some ground rules down or we're done here. because the crap that DH just took today from some PCer is way over the line. we want to help people but we are not going to get f***ing screwed over ourselves in the process, and that is final.

if you ask us for a good tech in our area and i tell you how to get ahold of DH, go ahead and go there. he will be happy to help you out. but if we give an inch and you take a mile like this person did today, we're f***ing done here.

someone came in to have their rear wheels shimmed today with 30k miles on their car, and demanding not only that the shims be done for free under warranty but that they get a brand new set of tires, for free, because obviously the alignment has been this way from the beginning and it destroyed their tires. it's not like the rear axle can get out of alignment from, you know, f***ing driving conditions over 30 thousand miles. 30k is just a LITTLE past the free alignment period and we ALL know the GY integrities are crap, some people don't even make it 30k on them. we didn't!

well this person had the BALLS to call DH "deceitful"...

nevermind all the other crap he took, very nearly getting fired, possibly ruining his shot at a promotion that is pretty much our only hope for the anything-near future, and oh i hope you're happy now that you got the last ever set of custom shims on the eastern seaboard AND you got them for free. he would let all that slide except that the whole reason we are here is to give HONEST information and keep people from getting screwed over. the last person on earth to deserve the word "deceitful" is DH. he is willing to give up being able to afford to have a family before losing his dignity to being a dishonest man. you can label me deceitful far before you label him with that word.

we don't have much, and he is NOT putting his livelihood on the line for a-holes who do s*** like this to him. it makes me sick.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    At 6'-5" ... 225lbs ... bench press 315lbs ... brown belt ... I'd be glad to go over to this person's place of abode and give them an attitude adjustment. ;)
    No? Perhaps just a name? PC I.D. so we can . . . never mind.

3. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Some people are jerks. Sorry for your bad experience with a PC member, but I hope you know that not all of us are like that.

BTW, I hope that the person who pulled this stunt has the balls to come on here and explain exactly what they were thinking. However, from the way they seem to handle things, I think the chance of that happening is pretty remote.

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can I fax you some chocolate?
    Maybe a stiff drink? :)

{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}

5. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I hope he apologizes and tries to make it right with you and your husband.

6. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i should make it clear the guy thought DH was trying to deny this coverage under warranty, hence the "deceitful" that still has him fuming.

[a] it's not even NEAR his call in this case
    he would have made more money doing it under warranty than if the customer paid for it, so it's not like he had an issue with THAT
    [c] he ended up doing it for free anyway, Wth

just ridiculous.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Man am I VERY sorry to hear this... Folks, you simply don't belong in this community if you treat folks like this. Gal and her DH's contributions here have helped many many people and have been much appreciated. He's the only tech who's given long term support to the site and it's members. And now we've got a jerk-off who's trying to ruin that for the rest of the community too.

30k on the Integrities is excellent...I only got 26k on mine. To imply that they should issue warrants a free set of new tires is insane.

I, for one, don't even want to know who did this but they absolutely owe an apology to Gal, her husband, and a letter of support for DH to his service department. Maybe it was a bad day. Maybe you thought you needed to put on a show....I don't know. But you should, as a decent person, make this right.

8. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Jun 4 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]455275[/snapback]</div>
    I do not know. Unless the moderators veto it, I would support naming him. Galaxee and DH deserve our support and he deserves to be blackballed, even if unofficially.

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ugh; no good deed goes unpunished.

Sorry to hear about this.

-----

I, too, find myself curious as to the identity of the PC'er in question, but didn't want to mention it...

10. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 4 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]455290[/snapback]</div>
    I second that! The letter to the dealership Tech manager is or should be the least thing to do along with the apology to DH. and Gal.

11. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry :(

I generally can't stand customers for this very reason. They get all power trippy and demanding.

12. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jun 4 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]455299[/snapback]</div>

Why did the person wait until 30,000 miles if they had any issue?? Why did he think DH was responsible?

What are custom shims?

There are AssHats everywhere.

Sorry for your troubles.

13. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Galaxee: You are very right to be angry. I do hope stuff like this won't drive you and DH away from Prius Chat because you are both much valued here. The world is full of A-Holes, and since PC is an open community there will be some here.

Whoever did this: The least you can do is make it right with a letter of to DH's department, apologizing and thanking him for honest, good service.

Sometimes (most of the time, actually) I'm ashamed of the human race.

14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow and I thought I've heard everything. Sorry to hear that Galaxee. I know you know the rest of the PC community is behind you and your DH and fully appreciate the help and advice (whenever we need them) that you two offer.

I'm kinda curious to know who that PCer is.... I don't think it's fair that he/she should spoil it for the rest of us.

15. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I for one would have left his car on the hoist and got another car to work on. You call me names and your s**t out of luck if you think that I'll try and fix your problem. P**s on you. And I've told more than one person that in my 40 years of wrenching. Hang in Gal and DH what goes around comes around.

PS: your spunky and I like that.

16. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Dammit, G.
    For the last few years we have been privy to your school work, lab work, tech work and even some personal injury things that we're all glad you felt comfortable sharing with us.

That just sucks.

I can only hope and pray that the individual in question had no idea who they were talking to because to address your DH in any manner short of reverence is a down-right sin.

17. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    all these responses make him feel much better. he came home in one hell of a mood tonight to say the least. no, we're not interested in providing the name of the PCer in question, safe to say that person better hope nothing happens to their car that nobody else can fix. (ala frank's response :p)

PC is generally a good community and we're proud to be a part of it, it's just the rotten apples that do things like try to get you fired.

18. hwalker911

hwalker911 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Galaxee, so sorry DH has to go through all that crap at work. I have always trusted you both on issues requiring advise on the Prius... Please keep up the great job you have both done in this small, but humble community.

Big Hugs,

Howie

19. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jun 4 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]455334[/snapback]</div>
    I can appreciate and respect that decision. The only thing else I can add to what the others have said is that I appreciate both of you. Though I've never met you in person (hopefully that will change in the future), I'm glad to know you. I'd consider having DH work on my car in the future if needed when the warranty runs out, and if I can make a road trip your way. I promise I'll be gracious! :D

20. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Was Berman vacationing in North Carolina?
    :lol: