1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Young Prius Scrapage Support Group

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusAffinity, Dec 29, 2010.

1. PriusAffinity

PriusAffinity Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ROLL CALL. How many of us awesome Prius drivers (great minds think alike) have scraped the curb or perhaps a dip? I have. It is inevitable. And those rocks that get launched by trucks. Those too are inevitable. I stay FAR away from cars, but sometimes you need to exit and for that few seconds a rock will come at you. Welcome to life. Just yesterday I was coming out from the Carl's Jr parking lot when *SCRAAAAPE*. The funny thing is that I took it at an angle. I'm guessing the heavy rain and puddles formed some type of illusion/mirage over a dip. It was pouring rain. Luckily, I just checked the damage in daylight and the damage seems to be only on that black plastic scratch ramp/guard. :rockon:

I do have a small scrape on the actual bumper from before though :eek:

YOUNG PRIUS

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    - Hit a pot hole on an offramp and damaged my sidewall - cost me a new tire ($180) just 5k miles in
    - Someone scraped my rear bumper in my work parking lot and didn't leave a note
    - Mystery dent in the middle of my hood (near wipers) found by my cousin when I was showing off my car this Christmas..?!?!
    Others;
    - Scraping my plastic wheel covers on curbs (I've taken them off)
    - Hitting driveways with my front (my car's lowered)

I only have 30k miles too. If I ever sell my car I hope nobody finds this thread...LOL!

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    From reading PriusChat, I've learned quickly that the Prius has low clearance for parking stops, pot holes, curbs and more. I do not pull all the way to the parking stops since I know the Prius' length will not be hanging out. If I can not avoid a road hole or debris, I go way slow, regardless of who's honking behind me.

I definitely do not tail gate anything, and definitely give Class 8 tractor/trailers all the room I can, especially if they do not have mudflaps.

I did get a chip in my windshield from something, but can't recall how.

What I'm surprised I don't have is door side dings and marks. I guess I'm lucky so far.

Happy Motoring,

Tom

4. Comrad_Durandal

Comrad_Durandal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The first 'wound' is always the hardest... but after you feel like your gonna barf, you realize that it means your car is loved, used, and out there in the world. I just try not to get the self-inflicted woundings... nothing I can do about mindless people, except hope they get theres in time...

5. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've only scraped once in my prius. And its lowered haha. And the only reason I scraped was because there wasn't room at angle my way out. Can't wait to get coilovers and get be lower though; too much wheel gap on this car haha

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nicked one of the plactical wheel covers about 1/2"" worth on a curb during qualification flights. It's a company car, so it didn't hurt much...:D

I'm probably one of the only employees of this company who regularly washes their car. Still looks pretty spiffy at 3200 miles. No door dings, no bumper rash...(yet.)

It's gonna happen though. You drive. You get scrapes and scratches.
    Fact of life....

7. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    +1