1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Plans for this Upcoming Weekend...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I just HAD to post this...

ME:

This weekend, I will end up at:

1. A gay bar
    2. Dinner with 2 gay couples

(I can't relate any other circumstances, other than it has to do with my girlfriend.... )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Squid, it sounds like the weekend of an enlightened and tolerant individual. I say that since in college on two seperate occations I had a gay roommate and had some of the most fun hanging out with them and their friends: at home, out on the town, or dancing all night.

As for me, there's an antique mall in So. Wisconsin that's having a huge sale this Saturday. There are a few people there who have some fountain pens. I enjoy collecting and using old fountain pens. I don't spend a lot for them and realize that I could simply buy some new ones, but it's the antiquity that I enjoy.

On Sunday: two threads, two hybrid websites, one event:
    http://priuschat.com/Chicagoland-Meet-up-S...006-t23670.html
    http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/chicago...-2006.9387.html

3. kDB

kDB New Member

4. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I'm going to spend this weekend packing for my cruise next week =)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kDB @ Sep 14 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]319422[/snapback]</div>
    Whoa, cool! I'm going to be in St.Louis this weekend.... Heading to see Pujols head-to-head with Bonds at Busch on Friday night (my twin 7 year olds' first big league game!) then a little site seeing on Saturday. Don't think I'll have much time for the Hop fest, but might need to swill a mug before heading home....we will be in the Prius.

6. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Sep 14 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]319414[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like you're in for a fun weekend. You'll have to let us all know how it went. :)

*edit to add my plans*

If the weather behaves, my wife & I will be going biking at Sandy Hook.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i'm working this weekend. actually i'm probably working every day for the rest of the month starting tomorrow. aside from the current circumstances, i am also waiting for my most important reagent to arrive to finally run my samples and wrap up the current line of investigation by the end of the month.

also, we may finally be adopting a senegal parrot this weekend! :) we're still negotiating price.

squid.... i have to say i'm pretty surprised considering what i've seen you post previously. i think you'll have a good time though ;)

8. msmit002

msmit002 Junior Member

Welp, we're taking our Prius on it's first road trip! We leave for the Outer Banks of NC for a nice quiet week. Well, as quiet as two parents can have with a 20 month old boy. :lol:

We're taking two cars with us (My mother is coming along - hey, it's a big house) and unfortunately, I won't get to drive the Prius for the trip down. I lost the coin toss <_<

9. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(M Smith @ Sep 14 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]319467[/snapback]</div>
    Egad man! Stand up and fight! Declare the coin toss to be unfair! Call in the negotiators! This could be spousal abuse in the worse way! Hire a lawyer! Fight man, fight! Lie. Feign illness or injury! Do whatever it takes- but don't give up the Prius!!!!!

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    This weekend we are guests at a wedding. Next weekend is a trip to the Peterson Automotive Museum to see their exhibit on alternative power for vehicles.

11. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Going up to the Sierras (in the Prius) with my father to do some hiking.

12. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Saturday morning: re-program CAN-View with codes that support the OBD-II upgrade I did. B)

Afternoon: upscale sex shop in Manhattan with two of my friends (a couple) :eek:

Night: hopefully, dinner with a girl that I want to date. ;)

Yep, busy busy weekend.

13. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 14 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]319440[/snapback]</div>
    I feel your pain, Gal. I had to work last weekend because one of my reagents was backordered and finially came in late Friday afternoon. Results were needed by the end of the day on Friday, of course. They had to settle for first thing Monday morning.

This weekend isn't looking any better. I will be cutting the grass, cleaning the gutters, cleaning the garage, and unfortunately about 20 other things on my honey-do list. :( Maybe I can squeeze in a movie or something fun.

14. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    getting a quote from and arborist on the removal of a nasty invasive tree to plant an oak, heading to mchenry county for a party, visiting the land we are buying to check it out, going to a cubs game and hopefully heading to the lake to witness the magnificent monarch migration (it's at peak).

oh, and i just got my shipment of zaino and would like to protect my prius but judging by the zaino thread, i'll need a whole weekend to do this! ugh, on the multiple coats thingy.

15. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Sep 14 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]319567[/snapback]</div>
    thanks skwyre ;)

they had to ship the thing in from sweden. sweden! because there weren't any in the US. at all. and it's radioactive, and a scheduled drug, which slows things down. has to run through rad-safety, etc. argh! :angry:

i'm fortunate that my end-of-september deadline is an internal deadline, not an external one.

DH has a honey-do list too... but "doesn't feel like doing anything" about it right now. :rolleyes:

16. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Saturday~ Baby shower (yes, for me) :D :D
    Sunday~ Sleep in, relax, spend some quality time with the DH (go to a movie, on a hike, etc), family dinner

17. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ Sep 14 2006, 06:12 AM) [snapback]319423[/snapback]</div>
    I'm jealous geologyrox. Where are you going on your cruise?

I'll be wearing my "I'm With the Band" t-shirt tomorrow night. My boyfriend's band is opening for Coco Montoya. First thing I'm doing though is taking Trixie for her weekly hand wash. She needs to look purty for the weekend.

18. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 14 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]319576[/snapback]</div>
    Gosh, I just had to get concentrated acid, which is only hazardous (by hazardous, I mean it tends to explode because it's a strong oxidizer and reacts violently). I can't imagine having to wait on radioactive, scheduled drugs. That might be as bad as waiting for a new Prius to make its way from Japan, but not nearly as fun! :lol:

19. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 14 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]319576[/snapback]</div>
    I think I faintly remember something like this going around at a concert back in the early 70's..... not sure if it was Swedish though....maybe Columbian....I don't know....it's all so fuzzy now......

20. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    heh.

and it was radioactive?! :eek:

... what i'm working with is er, i guess you can call it the opposite of pot.