1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Prius - What color and are you happy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Jul 5, 2006.

?
  1. I love it!

69.8%
  2. I like it, but might have preferred something else.

17.7%
  3. It's all right -- I took what was available, but would have preferred another color.

10.4%
  4. I don't like the color at all.

1.0%
  5. Color isn't important -- I can't see it when I'm driving.

1.0%
  1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    UPDATE 8/30/06: With all the new Prius owners out there since the last entry, I'd like to resurrect this poll. Since I can't tie the second question directly to the first question in the poll (i.e., what color is your Prius and are you happy?), after you vote, please add a reply saying what color you have and how happy you are with it. :)

ORIGINAL POST:

I know there is a recent thread about color but I'd like to see this in poll form. I've used the 2006 color names because I don't know what previous year colors are. If your color is an earlier model and the color is not the same as one of the 2006 colors, please answer the closest "other" and explain in your reply.

And I know, it's not a representative sampling of all Prius owners -- just the people who bother to answer! B)

Oh, and mine is 2006 Classic Silver Metallic. I answered #2 as far as like -- I think I would have preferred the magnetic grey. There are too many silvers!

2. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have the 05 Millennium Silver Metallic. The 06 silver is a bit darker than the 05. I like my silver better. :)

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My favorite Prius color is Salsa Red, and I usually don't even like red cars.

My car is the Driftwood color and I took it because it was available and had the package I wanted, the alternative was a 4 month wait. Driftwood isn't to bad a color but I think of it as gold, it's not the color of driftwood at all. It has one big advantage I didn't even think about when I bought it. I live in Eastern Oregon where there is a lot of wind, dust, and dirt roads. The Driftwood Pearl color is about the same color as most of the Eastern Oregon dirt and that is a big advantage.

4. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hmmmmm....are all those Tideland Pearl owners going to click "other green" or "other gray"???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I clicked "other green" since technically, it's green according to the colour code.

So yes, Tideland Pearl since it's unique and with grey tendencies :lol:

I'm happy with the colour.

6. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcbrunnhilde @ Jul 5 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]281408[/snapback]</div>
    What is Tideland Pearl?

What's the difference between Salsa and Barcelona? Which one is brighter/redder?

7. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    For my '05 i'd taken a Tideland Pearl or Black with grey interior.

If i had waited and purchased an '06, i would have taken a Magnetic Grey. It looks amazing.

But oh well, stuck with '05 silver. Best color if you're not going to keep your car very clean, but i wash it once a week anyway.

8. troe

troe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Jul 5 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback]281362[/snapback]</div>
    My 2006 Barcellona red is to cool. I like most of the colors, but this was the one that sood out for me.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage...7/signature.png

9. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 5 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]281441[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the pictures. It looks like a really nice color -- one that I would have gone for. Looks more grey than green from the pictures though.

10. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Black with bisque leather interior. And I couldn't possibly LOVE it more than I do! :wub: I waited 5.5 months for this color combo/package and it was SO worth the wait! I never would have settled for any other package or color combo even if it meant getting the car sooner.

11. meshell

meshell New Member

i love my barcellona red metallic w/ grey leather interior. i didn't had a specific color in mind, i just knew the colors i refused to get. never thought i would own a red vehicle, but i must say, it's sporty!!! :D

12. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 5 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]281441[/snapback]</div>
    So, which color did you check? (Nobody has checked "other green," "other grey," or "other.") :mellow:

13. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i LOOVVEEEE my black/beige prius.

originally wanted seaside, but changed my mind when i needed the car asap and when i saw the prius in black.

fortunately i have the kind of personality type that's good for taking care of a black car. :) if not, i'd probably be tired of it looking dirty all the time.

14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Jul 5 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]281635[/snapback]</div>

Hmm, I thought I checked "Other green"

didn't register I guess. i'll try again

15. Aussie56

Aussie56 New Member

16. mastergunnera8

mastergunnera8 Junior Member

I got the Silver, as I was in a rush to beat the DC area HOV deadline...Would have rather found a Driftwood...oh well...The silver still looks good and doesn't show too much dirt...

on my second tank of gas, got 500 miles off the first, but at fill up could only put in 9.1 gal...so my tank mileage must be better then I think...

Still beats the 11 MPG hwy that I was getting on my truck... :rolleyes:

17. Aussie56

Aussie56 New Member

18. Solar Hydro

Solar Hydro New Member

I have a black '05 Prius, took delivery on 3 Sep 2005. This is my first black car. When I got it, people were saying, it'll get dirty, hot, etc.

The car is now 10 months old, 13500km on the counter (no maintenance of any kind done) and I went to the car wash only twice (I completely refuse to even consider washing a car myself).

The first car wash visit was late December to flush off the winter salt spray that stuck on the little rear window below the rear spoiler and was impeding rear view visibility, and the second car wash visit was a couple of weeks ago, done 'on impulse' because the queue was short.

All in all, the black Prius remained quite respectably clean in my opinion (rain contributed a lot I suppose).

Solar Hydro

19. Pollenfax

Pollenfax New Member

I've already mentioned that I think all the colors are very sharp in their own way and choosing one was quite difficult. I flip flopped for a long time and really poured over all the photos on here which didn't make the choice any easier. I changed my mind daily on this subject.

I finally narrowed it down to white, driftwood, silver pine mica and silver since I knew I didn't want another dark color to keep clean (even though I really like the dark colors I almost lost my mind trying to keep my last dark car free of dirt and water spots after washing...until I found the Mr. Clean autowash system).

I knew I wanted a beige interior so that took the silver out of the mix. My last car was green and I wanted something different so that cancelled out the silver pine. I finally decided on the driftwood since I knew it would really hide the dirt well. If I lived in an area that was warm all the time and there wasn't alot of road dust white would have won out.

I'm totally happy with the color. :)