1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Significant "Other" Poll...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Mar 22, 2006.

?
  1. is just like you, in that you have soo much in common, you're always on the same page, and pretty mu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. is your total opposite, you frequently argue, in a "good" way, and that's what drives the relationsh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. is your total opposite, you frequently aruge, in a "bad" way, and it's only a matter of time before

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. is totally "whipped", you have him/her around your finger, pretty much at your command.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. is just plain awful, I have no idea why we're still together, and it will likely end soon.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. is someone you don't really care about, but it's better than being alone.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. is someone you completely regret being in a realtionship with, but don't have the guts to change it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. is Tony P. Schaefer!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. No significant other, and glad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. No significant other, but hopefully one will come my way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. No significant other, but actively looking.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I've embraced Androgeny.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:eek:

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Hard to decide. We consider ourselves "Sourballs vs the world." We have many of the same likes and dislikes, but she's a techophobe.

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Single and looking. To me it's more like single and wishful. I'm kinda too picky :mellow:

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I went with the 'exactly alike peace/love/joy' answer, but that isn't really accurate.

We're a lot different in a number of ways but we do know what the other is thinking and usually what they'll say, get for dinner, whatever. We argue vehemently at times, debate congenially at times and disagree on key issues occasionally...though generally are in agreement on big things (ie politics, child rearing issues, etc).

I think it's hard to boil down relationships to a few poll questions...but worthy of a try. :mellow:[​IMG]

5. Mystery Squid

w3rd....

6. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Short of just picking Tony P. Schaefer (which, I have to admit, would be a lie) I had to abstain (from the voting that is).

I suppose our category would be "complementary/supportive". We're not completely similar and we're not total opposites. We also tend to agree on most things, particularly the things that make a family work (like child rearing). I'd say we're pretty even keeled.

7. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *gasp* ~shock~ (thud) ..... :blink: did we just agree on something? :rolleyes: :lol: :p

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I voted myself!
    The "P" stands for "Personality Disorder" [Broken External Image]:http://www.bobgentry.com/journal/wp-content/plugins/moods/hungry.gif

Seriously though, my wife is someone I would enjoy hanging out with even if we weren't married. We see most things eye-to-eye and truly enjoy doing things together even if it's just going to the store. When we argue about things, it's a disagreement between adults and never digresses into a fight.

One thing we completely agree on: we each love our cat more than each other. Which is why when I got Priapus, she accepted the fact that she got bumped to third. B)

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i voted alike... it's kind of ridiculous how similar we are.

except he likes to pull things apart and i'd rather see them intact (dvd players, microwaves, anything that's old and not of use anymore, and of course cars)

and he's a HUGE procrastinator and i'm one of those who's always up to something.

that causes an argument here and there, but nothing really serious and it usually ends up with us laughing at the whole thing.

10. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I think, 1 & 2. We have a lot in common, but not everything... :)

11. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We are DEFINITELY like that with our daughter.

Mostly we're oposite but complimentary (not like we verbally compliment each other.... EVER) but you know...

I'm male, white, totally into gadgets and the physical sciences and am always right. And she isn't.

(A hint for future polls - what are the chances you'll start another???...
    Lay off the "total" stuff. Ain't nobody "total" anything. Makes it harder to answer honestly.)

12. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Ditto here.

13. jeneric

jeneric New Member

Ditto, but I'd do anything for her, so I went with "whipped." Probably more alike than I want to admit, and more different than I want to admit as well.

14. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Squid, You didn'thave a choice that fit my other half. I voted for opposite, argue in a good way. She is neither opposite or the same. We agree on many things, but we each disagree on other issues. I wouldn't trade her in. It's been 25 years now. Squid, are you married, and if so are you happy with your other half?

15. jtullos

jtullos New Member

I've got to agree with most of the other replies. My wife and I are similar, but not identical, and complement each other rather nicely (with the occasional argument).

16. hjon71

hjon71 Junior Member

WOW , someone's a pessimist.
    4 positive choices out of 12.
    :p Someone needs a hug. ;) :D

17. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Now, talking to a mate that would pick Squid....THAT would be interesting.

Reminds me of a guy at work who said "any woman who would pick me isn't worth having!!!!" :lol:

18. Mystery Squid

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up big guy. At least any chick I get involved with, won't make me touch my toes and shove my nightstick where the sun don't shine when she snaps her fingers.

:lol:

19. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Nightstick, what nightstick? (is that what YOU call it...I prefer Johnny) And whats wrong with.....uh, nevermind :p

20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i guess im doing the spider thing. lay out a web and hope some unsuspecting sweet thing stumbles in