1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

You've got a good thing going...

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by The Electric Me, Apr 9, 2010.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, as I announced a few weeks ago I bought a Honda Fit. I've discovered the past few weeks just what a dynamic and vital community Prius Chat actually is.

I think The Prius is still unique enough of a vehicle that it inspires strong emotions and feelings from supporters and critics. This probably lends itself to making Prius Chat a strong site and keeping it active.

I'm still dropping in from time to time, because I find Prius Chat an excellent place to keep up with "Hybrids" , Toyota News and actually the entire auto industry "buzz" from an alternative view point.

But I just thought I'd come in and make an evaluation. Do you guys know what a great site you have here? Now owning a Fit, I've tried to be involved at some other Honda Fit forums.

Compared to Prius Chat it's like a graveyard. Some of it might be age related. In general I think The Honda Fit has a larger ownership base of younger owners. A lot of threads about how I can rip out the seats and install speakers and subwoofers that will induce solar flares. And/or threads about lowering the vehicle to the point where it's impossible to drive over a pebble without significant body damage. ....neither area's that interest me.

Maybe I shouldn't expect the same level of enthusiasm as is shown for The Toyota Prius, but it is disappointing. Even the "general" threads are so inactive. You're lucky to see a handful of replies, "maybe" a page...but there certainly isn't the active, complete and diverse level of discussion that accompanies this site. Basicly, I can't find interest unless I want to discuss sound systems that guarantee instant hearing loss.

So anyway, just dropping in to check on the latest. Keep up the good work everyone.

"still -The Electric Me...with "magic seats"

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The fun factor of driving the Prius does not get old. PC has many knowledgeable owners that make the ownership even more fun.

3. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You went with the safe economical choice. It's a good "fit" for you. Nobody's will (or should) hold that against you.

However I think it's fair game to call your moniker into question now!
    :)

4. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't like fitfreak? I kind of have a question then: what do you think they should be talking about doing with the Fit that you miss here at PriusChat? Obviously they're less likely to be talking about floor mats and leather seat/steering wheel covers. Age for sure plays a role, but I suppose it has something to do with what do you expect to do to the car? Lots of people buy it because there's a lot of aftermarket support for it, so conversation is likely going to naturally drift to those topics.

My favorite recent Fit video:
    Skunk2 Racing: HONDA FIT EATS BMW M5

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for the feedback. Its really awesome to hear it.
    Unfortunately, now that you no longer own a Prius I'm going to have to ban you.

:)

3 people like this.
  6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We can discuss about Fit in the "Other Cars" section.

7. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does that go for me, too? :D

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nah. You at least have "Prius" in your screen name.
    So you're good.

9. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, I have nothing against fitfreak, you get the same nut's and bolts discussions about the vehicles, maintenance and upkeep that you have here in regards to The Prius. But I don't think the response or involvement is nearly as dynamic or active as Prius Chat.

Actually, The Fit somewhat like The Prius has rather limited aftermarket support. Just like any automobile you can have whatever electronic or sound system updates put in. The only limit being what you want to spend. But as far as actual "products" there isn't too much.

Where Toyota seems to package extra's, Honda seems to offer less trim levels and every little thing as an extra. Feel free to debate which is the better way to present and sell an automobile.

I paid for a decent center console, and side mouldings, and a cargo cover...they weren't available as a package, which is kind of suprising for things that I find almost rudimentary to ownership.

But just to clarify, I'm not unhappy with my Fit. But Prius Chat as far as an auto enthusiast website is excellent in it's member participation and not only it's information about Prius and Toyota, but it's entire dynamic view on the auto industry and other issues as well. ----There are no posts or debates about global warming (just for example) at FitFreak.

I have no regrets about purchasing my Honda Fit. Yes, I'm not part of the "Hybrid" world but I don't think I was really ready. It's not a static thing. I can always keep an eye open for the next few years. Hyundai, Mazda, even Toyota are going to be offering a lot of new products and in the meantime I'm driving a "relatively" efficient automobile that matches my needs and should hold it's value as well as can be expected.

I didn't really mean this post as a ...." I feel bad about my Fit, or Prius Rules! Post....just as affirmation that absence or comparison to other automotive sites has made me appreciate what a good site Prius Chat actually is, as a non-Prius owner I can say without Prejudice that I would view Prius Chat as a significant asset to all Prius owners.

PS.

I hate to sound old, but I do think a lot of it might have to do with age. Some of the threads at Fit Freak "The Kids" are using terms I don't even quite understand.

I guess as someone in their 40's I'm stuck in a penumbra between young enough to like The Fit but old enough to know it's just a car.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    e.m., i hope you step into the light when the p.i. prius is available!:cheer2: