1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ZENN is working on a new highway-capable electric car, the cityZENN

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ZENN Motor Company Inc., a leading manufacturer of fully electric vehicles, has just detailed future plans for a new highway-capable car. The cityZENN will be powered by a high-output ceramic condenser built by EEStor when it arrives on the market in fall 2009. It will open many doors for these two business partners in international markets.

The cityZENN is planned to be a fully certified, highway-capable vehicle with a top speed of 125 kph and a range of 400 kilometers. With the EEStor technology, a full charge could take less than five minutes. In fact, for the same cost, the technology will be able to generate 10 times more energy than traditional lead-acid batteries. As for energy storage, the capacity will be 1.5 to 2.5 times greater than that of lithium-ion batteries -- at 12-25 percent of the cost.

What's more, operating costs for the cityZENN will reportedly be 10 times lower than those of a conventionally-powered vehicle of the same weight.

ZENN is working on a new highway-capable electric car, the cityZENN - Automotive news and opinions - Auto123.com - Canadian automotive network

I hope this comes to fruition. 400kms, 125km/h? If it's a 4 or 5 passenger car, this would be awesome!

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Duplicate thread. Earlier posted here. The news item assumes EEStor will be able to come up with the ultra capacitor. I hope they can. The last news to come out of EEstor is that they've refined the dialectric material they think will make the capacitor possible.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    bah. I didn't see that. Thanks for letting me know Daniel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.