1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Zep Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner! Yay!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by F8L, May 31, 2009.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This stuff is just plain awesome!

I have the tan interior and it gets dirty so easily. I've tried a few of the other foaming style cleaners you buy at the auto parts store but they all require you to scrub, the foam doesn't apply very easily, and they really don't work too well. This cleaner surpassed all of my expectations!

Zep Oxy Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

ZOXY32 - 32 oz. Ready-to-use

• Effective carpet stain remover
    • Designed to remove colored organic and protein stains
    • Great for juice and wine stains
    [​IMG]

I bought it at Home Depot :)

You simply spray it on and walk away. In some cases you may need to dab up excess liquid to aid in stain removal but I have not had to yet. The only thing this stuff did not remove was rust stains from my back cargo area (damned T-posts). Because it is peroxide-based you may want to wear gloves if you plan on using a lot of it as it will cause your hands to turn white. If you plan to do large areas like I did (my entire seat and headliner) you will want to leave the windows down or cracked for ventilation and to aid in drying. Do not plan to drive the car for a few hours while the stuff dries. If you are only focusing on small stains then treat it like you would any other cleaner. It dries fairly quickly.

4 people like this.
  2. aaroni

aaroni New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The best method is preemptive—always ask the carpet store or furniture maker how to best clean the product while still at the store. Often you will find that you get information that is helpful but might not have been disclosed.

3. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    aaroni, I posted this product in an effort to help Prius owners clean their interior. Not regluar carpet although that might work as well. :)

4. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks! I hope they didn't change fabric between 2005 and 2009. :)

Would simple peroxide work as well?

5. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Be sure to test on a hidden or inconspicuous section of your interior. ;)

Not sure if simple hydrogen peroxide would work as well or not. For less than $8 I felt more secure using this stuff. If you try it let me know. A bottle of peroxide is still cheaper. :)