1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Zune and the 08 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dongwoo, Nov 14, 2007.

1. dongwoo

dongwoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I see there's a lot of stuff about the iPod and the MFD... how about connecting a ZUNE to an 08 Prius?

2. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the Zune 30 and the Zune 80. I will try and see what happens. (I have an 06 Prius, but no difference between the two)

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are no integration kits for a Zune, sadly.

4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The only complete integration kit I'm aware of is for the iPod. I have a Zen Vision M and I just have to play it through the cable connector in the armwrest. I've been looking at the new Zune 80 and its very interesting.

Question, does it have an equalizer? I've found that with the equalizer I can adjust the sound to it is great through the JBL system in the Prius. How do you guys like your Zune? thanks... B)

5. dongwoo

dongwoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Nov 16 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]540466[/snapback]</div>

The equalizer on your MP3 player made the JBL system sound good?

Question: Is it just me, or does the antenna on the prius lack reception?

6. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Nov 16 2007, 04:17 AM) [snapback]540466[/snapback]</div>
    The Zune 80 does not have the equalizer. The Zune 30 with the firmware 2 update does.

The Zune works with the aux jack in the Prius.

I find the Zune 80 to be a great device. It's wireless sync works flawlessly (at least for me) and the "social" works (sharing music, podcasts and pictures). The FM radio works just fine too. The pictures look great on the 3.2 inch screen. The Squircle/Zune Pad works for scrolling through lists and is actually quite fun to use. I would definitely recommend the Zune 80.

7. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    yes need one

8. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since we're on the topic of Zune Integration, Soundgate has made one. It's supposedly been available at the beginning of this year (2009).
    It uses the line-out, it charges the player, and allows the use of steering wheel controls. I don't know about showing the song title and information on the screen though. I think it also allows videos on the MFD.

TOYZN4 - SoundGate.com

So there you have it, finally Zune integration.

9. byronjb66

byronjb66 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What cable do I need to get to be able to plug my Zune 30 into the AUX jack in the armrest?