1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 4 Body Compatability

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by DrewBallZ, Apr 3, 2024.

1. DrewBallZ

DrewBallZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I’ve got a 2019 AWD with some recent damage to the passenger side doors. I’ve been struggling to figure out what other years or versions will fit. Are all Gen 4 doors interchangeable? Was there a change to the doors at the facelift? A change for the AWD version? Different website parts suggest different answers, but maybe some differences are cosmetic or electronic. I can probably swap over electronics or interior trim if that’s needed.

Thanks!

2. DrewBallZ

DrewBallZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    If it fits it ships! I’ll answer my own question in case anyone ever is wondering the same and ends up here. I ended up buying some doors from a 2016 and they fit great. That being said, swapping things over is easier said than done. Wiring harness may need to be swapped along with mirror and who knows what else to keep all functions the same (if they are different). Also, check your window tint, my left side of the car is now noticeably brighter than my right side. However, all of these are minor issues as long as you have a door that can open and close.

sylvaing likes this.
  3. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Couldn't you also swap windows? I'm sure there is a way to change them.

4. DrewBallZ

DrewBallZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Yeah, I probably will swap them over so they all match when I have more time. I watched some videos and seemed straightforward. My wife is discouraging me from doing it, she knows that there is a chance I will either mess something up and break it or get most of the way done and never finish. If it ain’t broke, fix it til it is.

5. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Lol, never heard that version before but I know the feeling way too well!