1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'05 silver Dash paint?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by coyote2, Jul 17, 2014.

1. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can someone please point me to the best paint to match my 2005 Tideland Prius' interior silver dash pieces (the ones the vents are in)?

*** Details ***
    I foolishly left sticky Velcro around all 4 windows for 9 years. (I put it on to hold up mosquito netting so I could sleep in the car during summer vacation to Alaska.) My Toyota dealership bodyshop had a Grease/Wax remover that did a very good job, and referred me to a detailer who has it. After many hours of rubbing, it successfully removed (mostly only) the adhesive from the black-painted doors and the beige plastic doorframing. But it immediately removed the paint from the silver dash pieces. I'd like to repaint them, perhaps just the paintless parts so the little vent open/closed diagrams will remain. Or perhaps someone can tell me replacement silver dash pieces aren't too expensive?

2. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Bump please?

I've seen a lot of mention in other threads of others with trouble with the silver-painted dash pieces, but can find no suggestion of what to do, such as a paint to repaint them with.