1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 Prius (base): What are these dashboard holes for?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Nords, May 29, 2008.

1. Nords

Nords Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any ideas what these holes are for?

I can't tell that they're doing anything and the car's not misbehaving. I'm just wondering what their purpose is.

They're next to each other in front of the driver on the far left-hand side of the dashboard, just behind the VIN plate and just under the windshield. The circular cap (outboard) might be a light sensor for the automatic light control system, but the car's headlight control stick only has three positions-- no "Auto". So that circle might be just a plastic cap.

The larger circular recess (inboard) just has a plastic punch-out in it. It doesn't look like there's anything underneath.

The photos were taken from the front of the car looking toward the driver's side.

Attached Files:

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I believe the outboard one is a heat sensor used to regulate the climate control. The inboard blank is for a light sensor as discussed in another thread.

3. Nords

Nords Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks!