1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12 volt positive battery connection issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Beachbummm, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    started the car at home with no issue to pick up a pizza, turned it off and when I came out the car was dead, nothing turned on.. manually opened the hatch and lifted up on the rear of the positive battery cable and the car came to life when I let go it died again..

rolled up a sock and put it between the battery and the connector to hold it in place to get the car going and drive it home...

whats inside the connector that can cause this intermittent issue, the cable is tightly connected to the post and does not move.can this be fixed or do I need a replacement connector?

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Any corrosion present? Might be able to fix it by taking it all apart and giving it a good cleaning. Inspect the positive battery post also to make sure it is not loose where it enters the battery case.

3. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Im going to look at it again in the day light it was already dark when this happened last night...
    will take it apart and check it out

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok I don't want to buy this car now

5. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    you would not come to pick it up anyway,but if you take it as is Ill throw in the rolled up sock to ensure you get home

fixed thanks

#5 Beachbummm, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015