1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

15" chrome wheels for trade (san jose, ca)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by gonz0, Sep 14, 2012.

1. gonz0

gonz0 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey everyone,
    I have a 2011 Prius II with the stock 15's wheels but I'd really prefer the black wheels that come with the 2012's. Does anybody with a 2012 want to trade me? The wheels are in great shape (never been curbed) I live in the SF bay area, we can go to a tire place and I would pay to have the wheels swapped and put your tires on the my wheels. Thanks for looking

Also, if you have a set of 2012 black alloys that you are willing to sell rather than trade and live in the bay area please let me know

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Gonzo. I may be interested in selling my black 2012 wheels. I am trying to source a set of CT200h wheels first. I'll keep you posted. :)

3. gonz0

gonz0 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine will be for sale next week when I get back from Tahoe. Check your messages.

5. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    F8L, Getting new wheels?

6. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah. I couldn't stand it any longer. The GenIII just begs for larger wheels. I sold my 17s before I realized the full potential of this car. Now I'm confident I can maintain 50+mpg with 17s so I'm going back. I'll have a fairly new set of 15" Energy Saver A/S tires for sale. :)

7. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, I cant say much on being on 15's since I started with 17's. I don't really know what I could be getting with smaller wheels, but I'm pretty satisfied with what I'm getting now. I also started (about two weeks after I bought my Prius) to only use the Power mode and I haven't missed going back to Eco. I still get above 50+ MPG with my 17's and on Power Mode. I just wish there was something I could do to make it the default.

8. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Damn, if only I had 2012 black ones I would trade...

9. eco-icon

eco-icon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    planning to sell my 2012 black ones.. its a month old basically new.

10. lawrence hurst

lawrence hurst New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    DSCN2153.JPG DSCN2149.JPG DSCN2153.JPG I have a set of the black alloy wheels with less than 100 miles which I just took off of my 2012 Prius and replaced with aftermarket wheels. I even manufactured some neat looking center hubs with the chrome logos from the plastic wheel covers which I will sell with them or separately. I can send photos. They are for sale and I live in San Jose so if you are ready to see them and buy I am ready to sell. Give me contact info so that we can communicate directly. Lonnie

11. lawrence hurst

lawrence hurst New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    gonz0 - have you found a set of black alloy wheels? I'm in San Jose and have a set with a set of unique black center hubs with the chrome plastic Toyota logo from the silver plastic covers. Contact me by email if you are interested.