1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Prius in London, Ontario $1,500

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Jeff F, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Jeff F

Jeff F Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    IMG_20141229_095230.jpg IMG_20141229_095239.jpg Just bought a 2005 Prius to replace this car. I've had it for 2.5 years and have driven it 80,000 km. Would drive it anywhere without hesitation.

Car has 220,000 km. Cosmetically pretty rough, several small dents/scratches and some rust around the wheel wells. No tears in the interior, but far from spotless.

The bad:
    - needs a front wheel bearing replaced. I have the bearing but haven't gotten around to having it installed
    - fuel filler pipe needs replacement - see recent thread in the gen 1 forum - there is a hole at the top which I have temporarily fixed with rubberized tape but it really should be replaced.
    - cable for fuel filler door is broken, I put tape on the latch so it's just a friction closing
    - Connection of cables to traction battery is a bit dodgy. I rebuilt the battery and broke off the connection bolt, and ended up improvising by through-bolting the connections. Solid connection that I've been driving with for six months no issues, but should mention it.

The good:
    - no mechanical issues other than noted above. Fluids regularly changed, no maintenance overdue. New spark plugs. Transmission seems fine, motor doesn't consume oil. Brakes and suspension are fine.
    - hybrid battery rebuilt by me with gen2 cells earlier this year. I bought two complete used batteries and picked the best cells. Battery performance is perfect.
    - new 12v battery a year or so ago.
    - two sets of wheels - OEM wheels with all season tires in OK condition and newer steel wheels with Michelin winter tires excellent condition.

Selling as is but don't expect that there would be any issues with certification.

Will post some pictures here in the next day or two. Drop me a note with any questions. Jeff

Attached Files:

#1 Jeff F, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. messenger

messenger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Great deal for a Prius with 132K miles and rebuild battery, if this was in the US it would be gone in a flash.

3. Jeff F

Jeff F Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A